Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The picture is squished. I've tried all of Pete's video plugins, and though
movies, title screen, and load screens are fine, when I actually start
playing, the picture is squished. I'm using the original PSX CD and tried
various settings in the plugins.

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
This game works best with P.e.o.P.s soft plugin, otherwise there are quite a lot of effects you won't see, did you try that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are some settings with that that result in a good aspect ratio for the gameplay... but there is a huge black border around the screen. It also makes all the other screens squished, including the status screen, which is usually matched the the gameplay screen it's squished. Lowering the resolution results in horrible graphics and unreadable text, and it barely fill it out any more. Are there any other emu's you could could point me to that work well?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Feel free to try out PCSX or PSXEven (do a google search, both are easy to find), and if you get the same problems in those then it will confirm that this is a plugin problem. Something you could try in the soft GPU plugin is specifically using the HQ2x Unstretched mode in 800x600 Resolution or the HQ3x mode in 1280x1024. Do Unstretched filters in the soft GPU cause the squished look?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
are you using the "keep PSX aspect ratio" option? if so, uncheck it. you know what, just post your computer specs and i'll recommend some GPU settings for you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
ChankastRules said:
This game works best with P.e.o.P.s soft plugin, otherwise there are quite a lot of effects you won't see, did you try that?
I use ePSXe 1.6.0 with Pete's OpenGL2 GPU 2.7 and works perfect with all effects maxed out :agree:

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
I use ePSXe 1.6.0 with Pete's OpenGL2 GPU 2.7 and works perfect with all effects maxed out
Nah take a look at the burning picture in the beggining of the game for example :p I only got that to work on soft, if you managed with OGL 2.7 what's your settings?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts