at 2600xt agp
1 gb ram
dynex sc51 soundcard (new)
windows 7 beta

Laptop:

Amd turion x2 2.0ghz
1gb ram
nvidia 6150

Ok here is my problem.. I am playing the game (Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden) from a bin/cue file I ripped from my CD. The game runs at framerate or faster until the voices during battle sequences or the main menu or when characters talk, in which then i get slowdown. I am assuming I am getting the slowdown when XA sound comes into play. I was wondering what the problem was. I use epsxe 1.5, eternal spu plugin with xa enabled. I have tried all the different eternal spu settings (such as the hacks and fixes), but nothing works. Also I have tried pcsx and same thing happens. I have also tried the same thing on my laptop, and the same thing happens with it grr :mad:. So do i need to run it on my original cd (which i would not like to since i patched it to english :() or is there some problem I am not aware of...

Thanks everyone!

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
try it on psx and see if it occurs too, since psx lacks a plugin system this could tell you if it really is related to the plugins/settings or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I said pcsx i actually meant psx sorry :p But yes i do get the slowdown on both which is really weird? I wondered if this happened to anyone else?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
do any other games have this same problem with either of these emulators or is it just this one game in particular? im leaning towards this being a hardware/driver related problem but its best to get this part out of the way first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts