Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I made a grave mistake when I played Valkyrie Profile solely using savestate to save my game. I'm currently in Disc 2 when I remembered I have to save in the memory card my game to proceed in Seraphic Gates. My memory card was full, both of the Slot1 and Slot2. I can't save my game in memory card. I tried deleting some saves but everytime I load my savestate the cards are full and NOW if I switch memory cards, an error appears that the saving process is interrupted. Is there any way or am I totally screwed?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
OTINBOY said:
Is there any way or am I totally screwed?
Sorry but most likely you are.Using savestates on a lot of games the memory card state is recorder too(I damaged a lot of cards in that way when I didn't know that...learn about it in the hard way)meaning even if you free the whole card,use free card,delete some save and etc. when loading the save state it will also load the state of the memory card when the save state was created so if you had a full card then there's no way to free it and save if the game itself doesn't have build in memory card manager(there are some games that have that feature but VP isn't one of them)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, I might as well kill myself already. Okay, I'll just restart my game back at the beginning. *Sigh* Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Oh, right. Try to google for it. I'm sure you'll find it very quickly.
As for injection you just need to open PSXMemTool, make a new blank card, open a ePSXe savestate and inject that blank card into the savestate.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yes, I downloaded it already, thanks a lot. But I don't really know how to "inject" the blank memory card into the save state. Can you please give me an idea.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Ow, sorry. that's a typo. It was my message in a messenger. And I restarted my game already, it was in Normal Mode after all. I forgot (again, I played this game almost a decade ago.) that some of the characters are not available in Normal Mode. Thanks for the help!

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Use PSXMemtool to inject a blank card in the savestate.
Theres absolutely no need for that.

Load Game
Load State

Press Escape
Options > Memory cards
select browse, type a name and hit open.
Continue emulation
Save to new card
Profit.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
ah,
Then that requires an extra couple of steps

Run bios, create new memory card end emulation
restart epsxe, select old memory card, load state then select the new memory card.

works perfectly.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
what kind of error? the same one as before?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts