Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, i'm having a problem with the emulator. I've been playing through Tales of Destiny 2 for Playstation on the EpsxE emulator which seemed to run near flawlessly other than a nasty graphics bug at the end of each battle, but it didn't keep me from playing, and i've just finished disc 1 last night, unfortunately that's as far as the emulator will let me go. Once the game told me to change to disc 2 i went to change disc, ISO and selected the image file for disc 2, but it just says checking discs please wait and nothing ever happens. Is this a bug in the emulator or is there something i'm doing wrong or not doing right? How can i get back to my game progression? thanks!

·
Registered
332 Posts
I bet there's a better solution to this, but meanwhile, do this:
Insert disc 2 when asked, insert disc 1 after a few seconds
Insert disc 2 after a few seconds, insert disc 1 after a few seconds
Insert disc 2 after a few seconds. It should work now.
(And yeah, It's quite tedious)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it seems like i'm a jackass. I should've tried this to begin with, instead of reentering disc 1 and the game telling me to change discs, i just tried starting disc 2 up and it worked, took my game file right into the second disc. Now that i managed to get through that problem, here comes another. I was simply exploring the world map on disc 2 (Celestia) and my game will just close on it's own, even closes epsxe, just shuts it down. I don't know why this is happening but i think it could have something to do with the image file, maybe it's incomplete, but i don't know how this could have happened because i copied it from my real game. The reason why i don't want to play the game from the disc, is for some reason it runs really laggy when i play the cd, but the image plays great with no lag.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For those who like this game and maybe planning on playing in the near future, i warn you, there's an indefinite bug in the game (even on the actual console) on Disc 2 short upon arrival. North of the town Luishka is a forest, by all means don't enter it, it's completely avoidable, it will freeze your game on the console, and on epsxe it will shut down completely so heed my warning. I'm pretty sure it is only a disc 2 bug, and once you're on disc 3 the bug is non-existant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts