Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I posted here a few weeks ago when I couldn't even get ePSXe to work at all, and people were very helpful in helping me figure it out...now I've got it working beautifully, but I've run into a small problem while playing Chrono Cross.

I've gotten to the prompt to switch from disc 1 to disc 2, and the transition doesn't seem to work. When it prompts I go to file --> change disc --> ISO and select the .bin file for disc 2, but then it moves to a plain black screen. It doesn't seem to pick up my game data. The transition between ISOs is actually successful, though; if I reset it, it will be on disc 2 and prompt me to insert disc 1 when I load up. It's a problem that can probably be fixed on my own if I just tinker with it enough, but I wondered if anybody had seen this before and knew what to do right off.

For the record, I WAS playing disc 1 mounted to a virtual drive and attempting to switch to disc 2 by running the ISO directly at first, and that gave me a wrong disc error. Turns out I didn't need to be mounting it to a virtual drive at all, and just running disc 1 directly and going from ISO to ISO results in a successful transition (though only to the previously mentioned black screen). Both discs definitely work in isolation, but seemingly not in conjunction, the data gets dropped or something. o_O

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,483 Posts
This seems to be a common problem. Download epsxe 1.52 and play through the disc swap sequence and then save at your soonest convenience. Then, copy your save (memcard save) to your epsxe 1.70 memcard folder. Continue with 1.70 and enjoy. :thumb:

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Disk swapping works fine in Chrono cross with 1.7.0, use the CCD format instead.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent, thank you guys for the fix, I knew it was probably something pretty simple I was missing...I bypassed it with the other version of ePSXe I had, 1.6.0, and now I'm on disc 2 just fine. Great!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey I'm having the same problem except when I try changing the disc to disc 2, I go to file --> change disc --> ISO and select the disk 2 and it just says enter disc 2 and doesn't do anything.. I figured this was a file type problem considering disc 1 is a CCD file that works fine, but disc 2 is a CUE file.. I also have another disc 2 that is a BIN but I tried doing that and it doesn't work either. Do I have to download a disc 2 file that is CCD? I have epsxe v1.7.0

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey I'm having the same problem except when I try changing the disc to disc 2, I go to file --> change disc --> ISO and select the disk 2 and it just says enter disc 2 and doesn't do anything.. I figured this was a file type problem considering disc 1 is a CCD file that works fine, but disc 2 is a CUE file.. I also have another disc 2 that is a BIN but I tried doing that and it doesn't work either. Do I have to download a disc 2 file that is CCD? I have epsxe v1.7.0
UPDATE**
Yay thanks to Masta.g.86 it worked! I'm glad I already resolved this I was scared when I thought I wouldn't be able to finish my game! I went to the epsxe website, downloaded 1.5.2, copied my saves, plugins, mem cards, and bios to the specified 1.5.2 folders from 1.7.0, and went to my last save state and switched discs when needed and it worked! Hope those more in depth steps help people with the same problem! :D :D :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts