Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read that all the final fantasys, 7 through 11 will be made for the gamecube. 7 is supposedly going to be a remake with better graphics. Also all the resident evil games will be made for it as well. Gamecube is looking mighty fine now, hundred dollars cheaper then the competition and now FINAL FANTASY! Some of you will be saying "ya but theres no dvd movie player." Well you can buy a damn dvd player for 100 bucks now, which would be far better then xbox's or playstation 2's player. If you need a DVD player that bad, the price for the gamecube and to buy a player is the same as the xbox and playstation2's price. By the way, I am no nintendo fan, I thought the n64 was a piece of garbage, but becuase the gamecube is 100 dollars cheaper and the fact the resident evil biohazard will only be made for the cube, I have no choice but to go for the gamecube.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have one question for people who have tried the cube, can you use the regular arrow pad to move your character around or do you have to use that stupid analog stick like n64? That is one thing I have been unable to find on the net and I am truly hoping that you can use the normal pad like the playstation.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Where exactly did you hear this at? I could care less either way, but I know from reading many stories about why Square left Nintendo and its mostly because Nintendo wouldnt let Square do what they wanted to with the cartridges, and after that the devastating decision to stay with cartridges for the N64 pretty much made Square leave. I dont believe it was Square that left Nintendo, I think it was Nintendo that left Square.. but anyways, I dont see a valid reason why Square would begin producing games for Nintendo again. It would be nice though.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
MC_Renzy: Are you basing this information on message board rumors (I've seen a lot)? I've yet to see any information about remakes for the GC on a reliable source. This flies in the face of Nintendo's reasoning.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is one link I could find http://www.fflegacy.com/047.shtml.
It says its possibly a rumor but my good friend came in contact with one of the devlopers for Nintendo, and he told him that the rumor is true. I cant see why my friend would lie about something like this. Also, he hates nintendo and just purchased an xbox. He has never lied to me before and I trust his word. We shall see. If final fantasy isnt coming to gamecube, then I guess Ill be buying a playstation2. Man I hope my friends source was right. He was very convincing and I know he wouldn't lie about something stupid like this.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
The only thing I've heard is that Resident Evil 1 will be a remake, Resident Evil 2, 3, and Code: Veronica will be ports. Resident Evil Zero will also be a port from the (unfinished) N64 version. RE4 is the truly new game, if it ever comes out. All RE games are exclusive to the 'Cube. All this info from Gamespot.

Haven't heard any of the gaming sites mention anything about Final Fantasy remakes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sh*t I just read on that site http://www.fflegacy.com/ a new posting stating that playstation bought 20% of squares shares and no final fantasy will ever be released for gamecube or xbox. Dammit, I was so happy after hearing the news from my friend yesterday and now this. Im going to have to kick his loser ass for making up this fu*kin garbage.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So there will be no more resident evils for playstation? My two favorite games, final fantasy and resident evil, require two different systems? Damn them all to hell if this is true. I guess Im just going to have to stick with my computer.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Originally posted by MC_Renzy
So there will be no more resident evils for playstation? My two favorite games, final fantasy and resident evil, require two different systems? Damn them all to hell if this is true. I guess Im just going to have to stick with my computer.
AFAIK, no.... it was said on Gamespot that the RE series are now exclusive to the GameCube.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Originally posted by MC_Renzy
Sh*t I just read on that site http://www.fflegacy.com/ a new posting stating that playstation bought 20% of squares shares and no final fantasy will ever be released for gamecube or xbox. Dammit, I was so happy after hearing the news from my friend yesterday and now this. Im going to have to kick his loser ass for making up this fu*kin garbage.
this is all old news. please try to get accurate information or at least UP TO DATE info next time before annoying the bajeezus out of me. im going to close this thread before somebody posts even more ignorant tidbits and annoying me more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.