Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I just got 2 6800GTs in in the mail. I now have to go out and buy some PSU adaptors. I'll be back asap. It's nice though. As much as I love Dual 6600GTs I think I'll like Dual 6800GTs even more. When I get back I'll get some benches. screenshots.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Not really sure at this point what is to become of the 2 6600GTS,. But I cant think about them right now.. not with 2 6800GTS in my rig ^^ Here is a little teaser bench from 3dmark03.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I will also wait for this report. Should be interesting, even though my one 6800GT fits all my needs atm. Congrats on getting those cards btw.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Dont have too much fun ChrisRay... J/K, have enough fun for me aswell :D

I await another awesome review. ;)

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know ya'll thinking I'm an insane. And I gotta admit. I am with you on that. But I cant help but proud of it either. This machine has alot of power in it and I imagine its staying in the game for some time to come. I dont think I coulda gotten a sweeter setup.. Well An Athlon 64 4000+ but meh that doesnt excite me that much ;)

I just did a 3dmark2k1 bench and while the bench is completely useless. this setup performs alot better than my 6600GT did, I only got 21k with 2 6600GTs in 2k1. But I got somethen much better with the Dual 6800s :)
Surprisingly considering how CPU limited it is.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Damn you chris:),being able to now play with dual gt's,looking forward to your review:).

·
Registered
7,330 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well you know cool. I just may be able to work somethen out with you and that 9800 Pro. I am just aprehensive of trading over the internet.. its like... a.. well.. I had one trade go bad and it was a mess and I hate the hassle :(

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Hey, I'm just jealous is all, if you couldn't tell.. :p

But you really can trust me on this Chris. :) I'd not only appreciate it alot but I promise you the transaction will go smoothly.. you've got my word. If you want to, PM me anytime with your details and I'll ship you a money order for the price you want. I've also got some hardware and other things you may be interested in. :p

Just can't handle this 5200 anymore, and with all the videocards you have, you shouldn't miss the 9800P too much. :D

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright, How does 60 dollars + shipping fees sound? 72 bucks even should cover it.I also need to test it again.. before I agree to trade you anything. It's been sitting in a box for a while now. Unless you want faster shipping. I admit I'm bragging a bit.. I dont mean too.. Just awfully excited about it is all.. It's just nice to finally have a system others envy and I'm not spending all my time envying.. Like I used to Envy Fivefeet. Though I expect the guy to come out and outdo me eventually.. He's been pretty quiet :D You know he's up to somethen....

:mg:

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
I've got $20 cash on me right now, should have another $40 very soon.. shipping fees will make it longer.

Think you can meet me halfway somehow? I'm kinda poor :p atm, but if you let me pay you in intervals I'll be very grateful. I know my word doesn't mean much but you can trust me to keep my end of the bargain. :)

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cooliscool said:
I've got $20 cash on me right now, should have another $40 very soon.. shipping fees will make it longer.

Think you can meet me halfway somehow? I'm kinda poor :p atm, but if you let me pay you in intervals I'll be very grateful. I know my word doesn't mean much but you can trust me to keep my end of the bargain. :)

Alright cool. When ya come up with the 60 dollars we'll work something out. I'm not too worried about money as there isnt much I need. I am not going to be replacing the coolers on these 6800GTs anyway because I think they are far more than adequate.

Anyway I just ran Aquamark3. It actually didnt do as much I expected. But still nothing shabby.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Don't stress those 6800gt's too much now:).

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
hushypushy said:
$72 for a 9800pro? why wasnt i privvy to this deal? :p

You have a 6800! :) I wasnt originally gonna sell it to cool but he's a persistent little guy and I feel bad for him being on a 5200... He must be so sad. poor little cooliscoo. Lets baby and comfort him! With a 9800 Pro! I really dont think I am ripping him off.. So... ahem..

I have no intention of overclocking this setup. Seriously? Whats the point? I just did 3dmark05 run with it set to High Performance.

9,100 3dmarks. Not too shabby.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=661776

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Heh, thanks Chris. I'll prolly have $60 by the end of next week, so I'll PM you when I do and we'll straighten it out. ;p If you want to ship me the card early I could give you some extra money.. eheheh. :p

Yeah, being on a 5200 really, really sucks.. especially with the rest of my system being pretty good. The ultimate bog down. :p

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
hey, everyone has a bottleneck. i hate being CPU limited in pretty much everything :(

1 - 20 of 28 Posts