Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one is looking pretty good. Devoloped by some of the old members of Westwood. From what i know the game's plot is between the first trilogy.

Here are the awsome screens:

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
The game's plot starts between Episode 3 and 4 and then Goes into the old trilogy. And i've seen all these and am quite excited they are making an updated version of Galactic Battlegrounds (AoE Clone). Although being made by westwood it will more than likely be one of the most generic, dumbed down (stripped of anything unique aside from its franchise) RTS's made in the past few years. But i still have some hope it will be somewhat enjoyable, although i haven't reall enjoyed any of the command and conquers since Tiberian Sun because there's nothing all that new about them.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not beeing made by Westwood, its beeing made by Petroglyph, i only said a few old members from westwood are on the team. And appearently it alreadt has space combat so it cant be THAT generic. I think it will turn out to be a decent game.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
well lots of games have space combat, but lots of them make it just like ground combat without the ground, acting as if space has a 2 dimenional plane that ships can't go past. Hopefully they keep it in real 3d allowing you to go anywhere you want in space (Like Homeworld)

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Well lets hope it's not as cack as that first one (Force Commander) and not as much of a skin pack as Battlegrounds was for AoEII

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well acording to an enterview they learned from mistakes :p

Not An Age of Star Wars Empires
Here's what Empire at War is not doing: excessive resource management. "Nobody wants to see a droid chopping down trees to build a base," laughs Tosti. "In most RTS games out right now, you spend 80 percent of your time gathering resources to build up some megaforce. You battle this megaforce, and the outcome is simply determined by sheer numbers and how quickly you gathered rocks and lumber."

Not here. Income is handled simply by owning planets. Bigger planets, ones with more natural resources, ones that are industrialized—each planet brings something unique to the table (as mentioned earlier) and a steady income. Besides the combat, this is what excites Tosti the most: "I'm more of a tactician. I want to make those hard decisions on the battlefield, not sweat about idle laborers."
Source

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Sorry didnt realize their was arleady a thread on the subject :p

i just hoped they learned their lesson from Galactic battle grounds, it had a good system. They just gave the buildings WAY to much health .

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Sweet man! Sweet

1 - 11 of 11 Posts