Next Generation Emulation banner

Which is best or closest to the PSX "feel"?

• Smart Joy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Joy Box 3 or 4

• PSX-PC D-Shock

• Soyo PSX-PC Adaptor

• Other (please describe)

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm curently using that PSX/N64 adaptor and so far everything works great (except you need to recalibrate when switch between PSX and N64 mode). I'm look for an adaptor that will support "rumble". So far I heard from people the superjoybox4 is an excellent (it think because the rumble support is "real" and not based on sound), but I'm also looking into smartjoy and PS-PC Dshock however I have not heard anything about these adaptors. Also, I heard Soyo (yes, the mobo company) makes and excellent psx-pc adaptor and already read some reviews about it.

I need more opinions and and reviews/info on the other adaptors. Has anyone here used any of these adaptor just mentions and at least provide a nutshell about 'em(s). Thanks!

I've already order Super Joy Box 4, I provide a review once I mess with it.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
got the joybox

This adaptor works great except for one catch. There is a "trade-off" with the rumble. For some odd reason, you lose much of your analog ability when the pad begins to rumble. For example, playing RR-Type4, doing anything that would cause the pad to rumble (hit a wall or another car), I effectively lose most of the steering. Maybe its my rumble settings:
Directx
big motor: sine
small motor: constant

If there is anyone else that can address this issue, please let me know. It does not have to pertain to this adaptor. Any rumble pad and configuration in genereal.

Are there any dual shock-ish PC controllers that functions and RUMBLE on epsxe?

·
Registered
10 Posts
My TM firestorm dual power rumbles just fine n dandy, both on constant (may want to try that on yours). With sine that motor will just sit there, going "what?" until I switch it to constant then it says "RUMBLE!!!!" :D.

EDIT I'll have to try RR4 and see if I have similar problems or if it works just fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts