·
Oversized Cranium
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Oversized Cranium
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, I knew people would like this which is part of the reason I did it. The other reason is of course, I always wanted to see SML in color. :)

And Nintendo is too lazy to do something like recolor old games although it would be easy for them. I finished recoloring this game in under a week, and I had to play through it several times to dump everything and piece together the sprites to know what I'm looking at.

I plan on doing others eventually, Kirby's Dream Land might be next since it's short and sweet. The problem is the more sprites I edit, the more that will have to be fixed later which is why I wouldn't want to take on a big task like SML2 or the like. I talked to Shonumi and he plans on adding PNG support and dropping 32-bit bitmaps (which is what this pack is in now). That means all the green will have to be edited out of every sprite and replaced with transparency. PNG images would be better in the long run, so I might wait until I get more info from him on when I can expect a new version of GBE.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts