Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a ps2 controller (x2) into usb port adaptor. The disc that came with it seems to just be the regular windows xp controller calibration setup. And the controller works fine there. everything works... But when i start epsxe (or mame) and try to map the controls it acts like the left hat switch (dpad left) is being held down. Windows calibrator says ok everything balanced. Emulators say dpad left wont let go.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
its a bug in the driver, download the vista drivers from the mayflash site (even if you use XP)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
tried a few of those different drivers. still giving me problems. so i have a better question. if i were to buy another one (this one was dirt cheap) whats a ps2 controller to pc converter that is know to work good with everything. preferably even one that takes 3 controllers. what's a good one that works consistently with lots of emulators.

im looking. actual reviews and compatibility info are scarce on these things. as far as emulators.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
i figured it out. it was the right joystick btw i dunno why i thought i remembered hat switch. anyway my controller is broken (now i vaguely remember smashing it off the ground.) the right joystick is loose and does not return to center properly. i just never played many right joystick games to notice it.

solved. need new dualshock.

now lets hope that guncon works. i can't wait.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.