Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys :thumb:

I'm New to The Forum and am hoping you can give me some help with getting Sukoden 1 to run one my computer, i'm using ePSXe 1.6.0. I have Bios's SCPH1001 and SCPH7502(41a) and neiher seen to Run Suikoden.

My Comp is a Laptop but has
3.4GHz Pent 4
1GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon 9800 (256mb FX)

When i load up the Suikoden 1 Iso it just turns to a black screen and nothing happens.

I Have a few of Petes Video plugins and eternal sound plugins and a selection of cdrom plugins, i was wondering if you could lend a hand and help me out :D

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
try using SCPH1001, Pete's OGL2, and Eternal sound plugin. just put the plugins at default settings at the mo and see how it goes.

make sure your laptop's power saving modes are turned off as well.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
i advise against that strongly, laptop drives arent meant to play games. ESPECIALLY if you're running on battery power. if so, the drive will constantly need to spin up and down, wasting your battery and also making the game choppy when it needs to load.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
So you should make an iso before playing it, and load it directly from your hd using the 'run iso' option on epsxe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks Guys

I burned My ISO to a CD and it works fine now.

i hardly ever run off battery power so iverything A ok

Cheers for the help :D

When i Run it as an ISO the screen just stays blank. (if i could get it to work as an iso i would deffinatly play it using the iso as opposed to the CD, if you have any suggestions of what wrong with it when playing from iso i'd be glad to hear

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Wich program ae you using to make the iso? Use alcohol120% or clone cd (game/playstation profile, ccd format). Then load the resulting img file.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
maybe as a backup. i did that with my FF7 so it wouldnt get fux0red :p (the only game ive ever done that to).

also, isnt suikoden really rare? i'd think you'd want to protect it.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
also, there is a thread on that somewhere about making perfect PSX backups...it's around here somewhere but it's not important enough for me to search for it

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
yep. that's the one i was too lazy to look for :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts