Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok, I've been searching around google and the forum for this problem but very few ppl seem to get it, and when they do, they resolve it quite quickly without any real solution...

But I've been unable to find a solution to this and its rly annoing :(

Here's the problem: I'm fighting star dragon sword and after a few rounds the music gets replaced with this really high pitched sound and a little while after it just crashes...

A lot of people think that save states are the problem but I have NEVER used save states before this point, I only started after the 3rd time it crashed and I got up to the room and save stated right before the fight.

I've tried with both P.E.Op.S Soft Driver 1.18 and Pete's D3D Driver 1.77 but both don't work, and sound I've only used Eternal SPU Plugin Lite 1.41

any help would be very appreciated! :thumb:

EDIT: I'm using ePSXe 1.70, if it makes any difference

·
Registered
202 Posts
Try using the regular Eternal 1.41 plugin, not the lite one. When playing this game recently I did hear a sort of high pitched loud sound but it went away after a few seconds and the game never crashed.

If that still doesn't work then maybe try Peops sound driver or ePSXe core even though it might not sound perfect it could at least get you past that part.

And use Peops soft driver for graphics for sure since Suikoden 2 is a 2D game and the soft plugin is best for those kinds of games.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'm playing from an ISO, is that the problem?

and i just switched over to the regular eternal plugin, going to fight him again...

wooohooo and it wooorks! thx soo much dadaluma :D now i can continue with this great game, much love <3

·
Registered
202 Posts
Speaking of that annoying sound glitch when fighting the star dragon sword it is also present when you play the game on a PS2 although not as annoying as in the emulator. It has been a while since I played it on the PS2 but I remember this annoying little buzzing sound that started up right when the sword did the attack where it stabs the two party members in the middle and continued until the end of the fight. So it is not a ePSXe thing apparently that fight doesn't like to be emulated on anything but the original PS1.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.