Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a problem really, but rather a request. With this title i guess most who view this post are Suikoden I players, wich is whom i need to ask something.

It is possible to transfer Suikoden I data to Suikoden II, however you need a save game at the last save point in Suikoden I with all 108 stars of Destiny. Now i've completed Suikoden I several times, but that was not on this emulator (it was on my actual PSX wich sadly isnt working anymore), and thus i dont have that save. What im wondering is if any of you have a .mcr file with the 108 stars of destiny save of Suikoden I wich i can use to import the information to Suikoden II. I really, really dont want to have to play through all of Suikoden I yet again 'just' so i can see a few bonus scenes in Suikoden II.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Respond here or send me a PM if you can help.

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
Try GameFAQs.
Download the save and use a memory card editor to convert it to ePSXe format. The editor can be download via ngemu.com Downloads section of the web.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok i'll check it out, thanks guys.

EDIT: Ok everything worked out as you said, I went to ngemu.com and found the program "MemManager". Then i went to gameFAQ.com and found a DexDrive save. (I downloaded 3 of them to confirm that i didnt just get one faulty file.)
When i ran MemManager it recognized the format and i made sure it actually had the Suikoden I save on it. And true enough it did. So i hit "Save as..." and saved it in ePSXe supported .mcr format and put it in my memory cards folder.
I launched ePSXe 1.6.0 and loaded the memory card into slot 1 and ran the game. -Heres where things went wrong. The game cant find any save games on the memory card and i have no idea why. I tried with the other files i downloaded to the same result.

I really didnt think i was doing anything wrong, in fact it was all smooth sailing up until Suikoden I failed to see the files.
Any ideas?

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Try this...using Memmanager..Open up an ePSXe save and the Dex Drive save. Transfer the suikoden save data to your existing ePSXe memcard rather then trying to convert it.

Also...ePSXe has native Dex Drive support, but you must select the memory card through the ePSXe options menu

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
I believe there is another reason:

-Check the card format (IMPORTANT)
Is it NTSC U/C, NTSC J or PAL.

-Check the game disc
Assuming it is NTSC U/C, download the card format which is NTSC U/C.

EDIT: I once had a PSX game: Front Mission 3, and tried using the same method as above.

True enough, among the two I d/l, only one is usable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im from Europe so i know for sure that my Suikoden I is PAL. As for Suikoden II i think its NTSC U/C. And yeah i thought about that, but i assumed those save files i downloaded were in NTSC U/C format.

Also i used both my Suikoden I and my Suikoden II copies to try and read the files i downloaded and they both failed, meaning unless those save files are NTSC J it should work with at least one of the games. Wich it doesnt.

As for your idea Dark Watcher, i tried loading up the DexDrive saves in my memory cards folders and running the game, but it was the same result as before. I also tried to just toss the files to one of my cards and running those, but it also didnt help.

In related news i downloaded 3 more of the files on there (the only other three i could find wich had the save at the last save point, the others were at the beginning of the game with a good foundation.) and even though Suikoden I couldnt read any of the now total 6 files i downloaded, Suikoden II 'could' read one of them. So i used that one when i started a new game on Suikoden II.

So i guess problem solved, however i still hate a mystery ^.^
I'd prefer knowing why the others dont work, since i might run into this kind of thing again, and i dont trust luck to guide the way forever ;)

Anyways i'll fool around with it until judgement day if i have to, i'd like to thank you both for all your assistance. I appreciate it.

Peace

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
I didn't use memmanager, but maybe it can do the same as psxmemtool... Try this: psxmemtool informs wich region and disc code the save is from. Try to give it the same region your suikoden 1 game is. Also, locate the game id on the surface of the disc (something like SLES-12345 or similar), and change the save game code to that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts