Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really sorry that my first post is a plea for help, but I can't seem to get it to work properly. I have Suikoden I and no matter which emulator I use (1.6 and 1.7) it always freezes whenever I try to save my game. It seemed to have worked after I cleared the memory card, but I can't save over it later on. If I do that, then it freezes again.

I tried scouring throughout the forum and Google, but no one else seems to have the same problem as me.

Thank you in advance!

If it helps, these are my plugins:
Video: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
Sound: Eternal SPU Plugin 1.50
CD: ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I played the first Suikoden not too long ago from my ISO and I never had a problem with saving. I have also played it from the disk as well and no problems either except the usual slight sound stutter during load times that happen when playing any game from the CD.

Try using Peops Soft driver for Suikoden since it is a heavily sprite based game. That is the most compatible video plugin and also the best plugin to use for 2D games.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I played the first Suikoden not too long ago from my ISO and I never had a problem with saving. I have also played it from the disk as well and no problems either except the usual slight sound stutter during load times that happen when playing any game from the CD.

Try using Peops Soft driver for Suikoden since it is a heavily sprite based game. That is the most compatible video plugin and also the best plugin to use for 2D games.
I switched drivers, and thanks for suggesting that, but it still didn't solve my saving problems. Ah, I might end up playing through this through save states. Suikoden's the only game that's been giving me this much grief. FF9, Tales of Destiny II, and Persona 2 Innocent Sin seem to work absolutely fine, but not this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.