Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2.4 e4600 processor and suikoden 5 ran horrible for me!!!!!!!!
38 fps in game..
I was wondering if I overclock to 3.0, I will get 50-60 fps?

·
l337 h4x0rz
20 Posts
Overclock to 3.6ghz you'll probobly get 55-60fps by then.

If you're going to overclock go big go 30-50% overclock potential. That's my motto.

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Pcsx2 likes cache. So a 3gz OC on that proc wont cut it. 3.8 is more like it (You'll never get there on Air......unless you try my old house fan trick :D )

·
Smiley for The Loozer TOM
112 Posts
For me that game between 45-57 fps in game and 30-60 FMV, that with vuskip, Cpu amd OC 3.1ghz.

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
turn vu skip off and see what speeds you get

·
112 Posts
Auw man, i don't do that man, that can break my beloved CPU, I can play so amazing that game right now.

·
112 Posts
Auw Yeah man, just litle jumpy but i can accept that in some place and dialog that game so smooth too, come on man, give me some support to my CPU.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use PCSX2 Playground beta svn563. I have a E8500 3.17Ghz Duo 2 CPU. And I get 60 fps in all parts of the game. The only problem is I am about 11-12 hrs into the game and now it's freezing on me in a specific section. I'm pretty sure it's the ROM, I wanted to find out if anyone here has gotten past the competition where gladiators fight to marry the princess. When the video sequence ends where the semi finals finish it freezes. Tried other betas and official versions, but same results.

·
112 Posts
That in stromfish, righ? You have to skip the FMV with enable patch, but first savestate at near FMV and cancle with ESC key, than search code for FMV skip in patch browser (skip MPEG) at Misc. after you got that code, just enable it. Than continue game with Run, execute, dont with Run CD/DVD. Loadsave state for, after that you can disable that code. I had that isu with this game, so far just only one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm sorry but I also encountered the same problem.
I'd like to ask exactly where should I save state?
I have a save file after having meal with Belcoot and Marina in the inn.
I tried to save state just before entering the Arena which then loads the video, and then do the skip video thing.
It said "Patch found" and I enabled it, but it still loads the video after I load state.
I'm really a newbie to using this and Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
12 Posts
sounds like you're doing it right. If you're using a beta, I had problems with it not working at all. So what I would do is use either the Playground v1.0.0395 with no betas attached, or the 0.9.4 version, but I think I had the beta for 0.9.5 attached. One of those two will work properly with what you're trying to do. Just save as soon as u can before the fmv plays. Copy your memcard over to one of the above mentioned versions of PCSX. Then load up the game, do what u did, and go to where the fmv plays and it'll skip. Then save at the very next spot and copy your memcard file over to a faster PCSX setup that's prob using a beta, which for me gets much faster results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks a lot! I tried on 0.9.5 and it works! Yay!!
By the way, only the 2 videos in Stormfist seems to have this issue

·
Registered
3 Posts
Uggh...sorry but i have another problem now
The map went wrong when I'm in the Dwarf Cave
I can barely see the road...it's just light everywhere with red borders
Which configuration should I change? Graphic? CPU? Speedhack?
Thanks in advance!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts