Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching a video clip in Muse (coming from Rockaxe), the clip freezes for a second, then once returning to game mode again, the graphics are very distorted.
If I use the default settings on Pete's Open GL, then the screen goes completely black, but still flickers once in a while, usually in a whitish background.

I then tried changing from the default settings to a set of settings I found on an old post, but still a similar problem. The difference with the new settings is that I can now discern characters, but everything, chars background etc are all white, and some objects are white-boxed out.
(Btw, I have a Radeon IPG 345M)

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.73
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GFX card: RADEON 8500 DDR x86/MMX/3DNow!/SSE

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing [32 Bit]
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8B8A8
- Filtering: 6
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 64 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 0
- Framebuffer access: 4
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: on [00010000]

·
RPG n00b guru
86 Posts
Try using PEOPS to fix that. If it still doesn't work, maybe it's something else. The only thing that seems to have trouble with is the opening movie for some reason (anyone know of any thing to fix that?)

EDIT: I found out that the opening movie FPS is 90. That's quite a change, however, one can switch between FPS in PEOPS rather fast, so it's okay. But still... there's a small bit of sound choppiness in it, I'll look into this further...

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Try updating your plugin. The latest version of Pete's plugins is 1.75. Try turning off the game fix; since framebuffer texture is set to 0 and framebuffer access is set to 4, the CPU handles framebuffer-related stuff. Also, try using the D3D plugin to see if it fixes your problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the fast replies guys!

I tried Pete's and tried tinkering with the settings a bit, but to no avail (yet).

Also, tried downloading peops, but didn't really help much. I suppose I should've mentioned before that I copied the game to my harddrive, since the CDrom drive "working" sound was a bit annoying. My original disk was also scratched a bit, m/b it copied wrong at that point??

If so, is there any way to edit this one video so that the game just skips over it??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:
I tried playing past the clip in "white mode", and saved as soon as I could on the memory card. Loading that saved file seemed to work around the problem, as the game loaded with standard colors.

Thanks again for the help guys =)

·
RPG n00b guru
86 Posts
Yeah, a lot of this is confusing me. I'm not sure how to fix the video problems with this game. From what I've read digging around the archives, it's a problem with EPSXE itself, and not the plugins, but I'm not sure if it is fixed in other emulators or not...

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
then you should try psxeven and pcsx.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It seemed to be a problem in the movie clip itself. All the other clips up until this point (m/b 4 or 5) played fine up until this point, but this one started to give trouble. Also, I tryed playing it on a reg ps2 (I actually own the CD, but not a ps2 :lol: ), and the clip is longer than where it terminates in epsx. I'm guessing some data is missing and that's resulting in some strange mishaps.

Loading the game from a save point, rather than a save state, did remedy this. My guess is that this is equivalent to redefining the initial parameters that the game typically runs in.

Then again, I'm not the most knowledgable with computers, so must of what I type is speculation based off of observations. So, if this doesn't make any sense, that's probably why. oO

·
RPG n00b guru
86 Posts
I noticed that PSXEven did not work, and still added a lot of choppiness. Maybe it isn't an emulator problem after all, or maybe I read a bad post in the archives. Whatever the case, I'm sure this will be fixed eventually.

·
Registered
7 Posts
could someone tell me how to skip this movie or how to do this with "white mode" plzzz tell me how :bow: :cry:

i am sorry for double posting i had error in Internet expolorer :bow:

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
So what? The edit button is there for a reason, you can delete a previous post, or modify it's contents. Besides, what's the point on your second post? To add an smiley and inform us you had a problem with Internet Exploited? Please do not make useless posts like that.

About the problem, apart from what has been already posted, i don't think you can get more info. If you are using savestates try loading from a memecard instead, as the original poster did.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i only want that someone tell me how to skip movie with "white mode" and where i find it

about my post i dont saw first one because of that i writen another one

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
You should provide one just before the video. And, as i already said, savestates are supposed to cause or help the problem, in words of the original poster. Try using memcard saves only instead.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Well, the answer was posted in this very own thread, so next time please read what you search before posting. Anyway, glad it works.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, I hate to bring this topic back up because it seems like two people were already able to resolve their issues with the information here, but I still can't. I'm having the same problem - an all black screen after the cutscene going into Muse from Rockaxe. I tried loading both from a save state and from a memory card save before the cutscene; neither helped. I also tried fiddling around with my video plug-in (I use Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.6). I even tried switching to Pete's D3D Driver 1.75. Nothing worked.

The two apparent fixes are playing in white mode and "adding the -nomdec switch to a shortcut then remove it once you get past the video." I have no idea what white mode is or how to activate it, and I'm similarly lost on this "-nomdec switch." Does anyone know how to help me? I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
You add the switch to the target box when you right click an ePSXe shortcut. It should look similar to this:
"C:\Documents and Settings\Nick\My Documents\ePSXe\1.5.2\ePSXe.exe" -nomdec
Once you don't need the switch anymore, just delete the -nomdec part :).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts