Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
every time i go into the wind cave epse shuts down or the graphics bug out. i'm using petes soft driver and playing off an iso. same thing happens when i use the cd too. i get this error.

SPEC Opcode 01 UNK (PC 0001721c) (0000ee7c) (27974,52)

any ideas?

hmm it seems to work with fpse. too bad scanlines dont.

must just be a bug in the emulator. hopefully it gets fixed next time arround.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Try a different cd plug-in? I don't really know what to tell you, I was able to play through suikoden 2 flawlessly here. Sorry that doesn't help you much. Try a different video/sound plug-in as well?

·
Emu author
1,488 Posts
Could be a difference between PAL and NTSC? I played the NTSC version and I'm assuming so did gerbilcannon (location), how about you ebola? Does that "UNK" mean anything to that degree..?

- Exophase

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the cd is ntsc format. i used the same plugins on fpse as i did on epsxe and it worked fine on fpse. this is the only place that has messed up so far.

I got though suikoden 1 with all 108 stars fine on epsxe.

·
Emu author
1,488 Posts
I'm probably being really obvious, but you know that you can swap memory cards between FPSE and ePSXe, right? In fact, you can have FPSE use the ePSXe ones and not even have to swap. So you could just use FPSE for this one part then continue normally. I've done so with Star Ocean 2 because there have been (so far) 2 parts where it dies before MDEC's in ePSXe...

- Exophase

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im using the 1001 bios which is the same as my actual playstation.

for the gpu i'm using petes 1.52 softdriver

fullscreen. scanlines with nvidia fix. 16 bit color. 640x480
using fps limit
fps limit is set to 200.
my graphics card is a diamond viper 550 which is basically an nvidia tnt2 16 meg card. its old!!!

using the same gpu works on fpse so i assumed it was an error in epsxe.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Honestly, I have no idea why you are having problems. I hate to say it, but all I can really think of to say is that it should work but isn't so it is being a very bad bad bad game and should be scolded and sent home to mommy without supper neither.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts