Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anyone know how to transfer data from Suikoden 1 to Suikoden 2 using ePSXe saves? I imagine it's very simple but I am pretty bad with this program. Thanks :)

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
?

I don really understand what you are refering to...
Perhaps for Suikoden 2, try running the game and see if you can load the save from there.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
a lot of people have complained that this doesnt work....im not sure that it actually does to be honest...

·
Registered
155 Posts
You mean... to make your final save carry over, so that you can get McDohl and so forth?

Just make a memcard save at the last point in Gregminster Castle, then use the same card when starting a new game for Suikoden II.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi everyone. i have tried what rubberchicken said since i have a very similar problem with that. but it does'nt work at all. at suikoden 2 it still says no data from suikoden 1:(

·
Narcissist
725 Posts
It does work, as long as the region for both games match - I did a Suikoden 1 & 2 marathon last year. The guides at GameFAQs show you which save point to use in Suikoden 1. I could PM you a summary of what/who gets transferred and stuff like that if you want.

Edit: One other thing the FAQs don't mention is, don't fight the final battle in Suikoden 2 with the hero (McDohl) from Suikoden 1 in your party, or the game will freeze immediately after you beat the boss.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Celine said:
It does work, as long as the region for both games match - I did a Suikoden 1 & 2 marathon last year. The guides at GameFAQs show you which save point to use in Suikoden 1. I could PM you a summary of what/who gets transferred and stuff like that if you want.

Edit: One other thing the FAQs don't mention is, don't fight the final battle in Suikoden 2 with the hero (McDohl) from Suikoden 1 in your party, or the game will freeze immediately after you beat the boss.
I beat the game with mcdohl in my party and it didn't freeze on epsxe 1.6.0

·
Narcissist
725 Posts
Good for you then :) It was kinda cheesy how easy it was with him around - not that the game is particularly tough anyway >_> Unfortunately you only get him near the endgame. I tried again, still crashes. Could be a bad rip, my CDs were kinda scratched.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the last save on Suikoden and since my Suikoden II is scratched pretty bad, I had to make an ISO to play on epsxe. The game runs fine but it doesn't read my Suikoden save, but when I was able to do it through my Playstation it would read. By the way, I'm using the North American version for both games.

EDIT: I just extracted the lone Suikoden save off my memory card instead of my entire card and I tried again. I tried card 1 with no luck, then card 2 with again no luck. I went back to card 1 and my save was there. I don't know what happened but I proved that it can be transferred.

·
Narcissist
725 Posts
Oh, don't forget, messing around with the memory cards while the emulator is still running is known to cause weird glitches like that. There were a few threads about it some while ago. Exit the emulator before replacing memory cards, you should be fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a problem with that with some other some for ps2emulater.
I think its because there are alot of deffrent emulaters out there they have deiffrent programing.
Because i got 1 of the emulater from cazza.com
I downloaded it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How do you check what region the disc is from? Also, is there any way to load the Suikoden game data into Suikoden II even if the save file is from a different region?

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
an easy way is to pop the cd into your cdrom drive (or if you have an iso, load it into a virtual drive like daemon tools) and in there there'll be a file called SLUS_###.## (for US) or SLES_###.## (for europe). there's not only SLUS and SLES, but i can't specifically remember the others.

and no, you won't be able to use mismatching region saves, but if you figure out the region you have of Suikoden 2, you can get a matching save of Suikoden1 from the internet somewhere.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah, I had issues with this. Except I didn't have a Suikoden 1 save so I just got one from GameFAQs. For some reason, the one I downloaded did not work and did not register in Suikoden II. But then I tried another and it worked fine.

They were both NTSC so I don't know what happened there, but all's well that ends well I guess.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hmm, this can be funny but... a friend of mine had exactly the same problem using epsxe 1.7 ( bios scph1001) when he tried to load the saved state ( he had US version of both Suikodens). In suikoden II , when the first screen appears ( NEW GAME and Continue ) choose New Game and the game will ask you if You want to load saved data from Suikoden 1, and if You have the proper versions of both games ( check it using daemon tools ) it should be okay. I know it sounds pathetic ,but a lot of people complained about that, beacuse they tried to load the game in the first screen and got this "no suikoden data detected" message.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.