Next Generation Emulation banner
121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Sounds good Proto. We'll wait for the others to reply before finalizing this.

For the others, it's now or never to speak up on the awards. It would be great to start getting the nominations from the members starting this weekend (Saturday, Nov 3rd)

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Pretty much all, concerning *forum* awards. Anything to add, chrono ?
What did we agree on last time we talked? (Beer is killing my short term memory)

I thought it would be nice if NGEmu could hand out awards in the form of images or banners to projects that stood out or impressed the most in the year. Kinda like the "Best PC tool 2007 from whatever website" type of awards you see scattered accross the web. It's one way NGEmu could stand out even more from the other emulation related websites.

These awards (can only be one like "Best emulator of 2007") would be decided and voted only by the staff as this is something NGEmu is handing out. This could be then represented by an image or banner on the winners website.

Of course this is completly different form the current awards but could also be given out at the same time (end of year... duh!) Any ideas, opinions?

HCR: if this was totally not what you were hinting at, let me know... cuz yeah... my short term memory sucks. Need to buy more RAM.... wow lame joke.

oO

·
Super Moderator
13,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
What did we agree on last time we talked? (Beer is killing my short term memory)

I thought it would be nice if NGEmu could hand out awards in the form of images or banners to projects that stood out or impressed the most in the year. Kinda like the "Best PC tool 2007 from whatever website" type of awards you see scattered accross the web. It's one way NGEmu could stand out even more from the other emulation related websites.

These awards (can only be one like "Best emulator of 2007") would be decided and voted only by the staff as this is something NGEmu is handing out. This could be then represented by an image or banner on the winners website.

Of course this is completly different form the current awards but could also be given out at the same time (end of year... duh!) Any ideas, opinions?

HCR: if this was totally not what you were hinting at, let me know... cuz yeah... my short term memory sucks. Need to buy more RAM.... wow lame joke.

oO
Sounds very nice too (yay, backlinks:p), though I had more in mind to throw yearly resumes of the hot stuff in the scene for 2007 (one yearly resume for each significantly active section of ngemu.com), hence taking out the "competition" we see between emus here since a few years (and lkeaving room for the significant *forum* awards that are expected in such events. as you notice, sig and avatar awards basically dissapeared, despite deserving separate categories/subcategories), wich basically just turned into a statistic, just a yearly confirmation to see which emus got begged for support the most.

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Ohh yeah, totally agreed with that.
Would like to hear feedback from the others on HCR's idea (and on mine if you like it). Whatever I just want your input. And please give your opinion as soon as possible, would like to have everything settled before beginning of next week :)

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
If there is no complaint within 48 hours we'll close the awards categories as they are and we'll go to the feedback process phase.
Similar like the previous years, I am totally okay with the award categories. Due to personal committments, I am unable to visit NGemu Forums time to time again to check on updates.

The HCR idea is something new, I would see some usage in it. :)

·
Registered
9,506 Posts

oO
That's a nice idea, however if that was to go ahead we'd need to check w/ Bobbi first.

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
48 hours (+3) have passed, and there is no complaint as of yet. I will now proceed to declare the categories discussion officially closed.

Next in the list will be a feedback thread for the members to see the categories we have created so far, and to see if they have any input. Such thread will remain open approx 3-4 days. After that we will proceed to analyze the input and ultimately create the nomination thread

For now i'll be creating the feedback thread in the site questions & feedback forum

edit: the thread has been created. Let's see how much participation we actually get :p I think it's safe to close the thread on Sunday to leave the next week for nominations.

121 - 132 of 132 Posts