Next Generation Emulation banner
101 - 120 of 132 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Well then, it seems people are abstaining from voting so they are either giving their implicit approval to whatever results from the votation, or they just don't care :p I'll close the poll tomorrow, and since there are just a few pending issues remaining, I'll just list the awards as they are right now.

-Member of the year
-Staff of the year
-Board of the year
-New member of the year
-Thread of the year
- Coder of the year
- Emu innovation of the year
-New emulator of the year
-Most helpful member of the year

getting the short end of the stick this year:

-Reporter of the year
-IRC'er of the year
-Gentleman/nutter/fanboy of the year

To be decided:
The bin award: (best spammer? most posts per minute? garbage collector?)
Artist of the year
'reporter' is redundant, and unneeded.

for art award, as i previously said, it'd be better to keep it short and direct. only best one in each of these 'subcategories' gets the gold medal. if these 'subcategories' arent sufficient, adding anything else art/creativity-related would be ok.

Creativity Award 2007:
Artist of year : gold medalist 1
Sig of the year : gold medalist 2
Avatar of year : gold medalist 3

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Well then, it seems people are abstaining from voting so they are either giving their implicit approval to whatever results from the votation, or they just don't care :p I'll close the poll tomorrow, and since there are just a few pending issues remaining, I'll just list the awards as they are right now.

-Member of the year
-Staff of the year
-Board of the year
-New member of the year
-Thread of the year
- Coder of the year

-Reporter of the year
-IRC'er of the year

To be decided:
Artist of the year
Are you referring to the emu innovation vote? I think everyone that has voted, has voted. Everything seems pretty good so far to me. Board of the year may not be necessary since it would most likely be bias. I agree IRC, reporter and gentleman of the year are non-necessary.

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Hmm... since a reasonable amount of time has passed, I'll take that the rest of the committeee refrains from voting and we'll count with the people who got their vote in. So we'll have a single Artist of the year award, with all the categories contending for 3 places. (unless we get enough late votes to cast a turn around...)

So the awards stand like this:

-Member of the year
-Staff of the year
-Board of the year
-New member of the year
-Thread of the year
- Coder of the year
- Artist of the year

-Reporter of the year
-IRC'er of the year

To be decided:

The only thing left for deciding is the bin award. As I have mentioned before, I think that it would be sufficient with the board of the year award for the bin to have a time to showoff, but if enough people vote for it we'll include it as well.

·
Super Moderator
13,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 · (Edited)
So would you prefer the bin award to be thread specific or person specific?
probably thread specific, this way the most notable posters there basically are shown, so no need to have it member-specific or it'll turn into a stupidity rush in the bin.

since binsearch is out, ive been checkin all bin threads since it reopened and flagged any that deserved attention, 60% left to check. you can just go to the bottom of the bin and have the threads sorted by rating. should show those flagged first, so its less work to do anyway. ill continue flagging the most interesting ones later.

EDIT: what the hell? we cant even sort threads by rating around here? what gives?

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts

·
7,168 Posts
Well it seems people want a thread specific award for the bin to run alongside the thread of the year award. Should this mean that bin threads should be barred from the Thread of the year award, since they have their own award after all?

·
7,168 Posts
Indeed, that's what I thought as well.. So I think we can include the bin award there, but keeping bin threads away from the Thread of the award.

The only thing left defining would be the name of the award I guess. "supercrazy thread of the year" and "recycler of the year" are the ones I read when skimming over the thread. Anything else I'm missing? Any more suggestions? Votes?

·
Super Moderator
13,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Last forum-related category worth suggesting here: best usernames (not necessarily for new members only or usernames changed during 2007)
Nice thing, is that some nice contenders have already been cited in this thread.

And yes, before someone brings it, having this one separate does not conflict with the bin award and thread of year.

·
7,168 Posts
Hmm... I doubt it is something worth having an award for though. An award represents a prize in recognizion for a continuous effort in some area, I fail to see such a thing in just selecting one username or other.

"Crazy threads" would be one way to mark a clear distinction between the decent... ehemm... the normal non-bin threads threads and the bin threads. I vote for it as well.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts

·
7,168 Posts
Well, since not much people seems to be voting we'll go for "Crazy threads 2007". The final settings go as follows:

-Member of the year
-Staff of the year
-Board of the year
-New member of the year
-Thread of the year
- Coder of the year
-Crazy threads of the year
- Artist of the year
If there is no complaint within 48 hours we'll close the awards categories as they are and we'll go to the feedback process phase.

101 - 120 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.