Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well in title says Pete but this suggestion is for all plugin makers. I just said Pete cause their plugins are the ones that I use :)

Any way here's my idea. It's about the scanlines. With the MDEC's the scanlines are great cause the movies look a lot better with them ON and i'm sure i'm not the only one who agree's with it, the problem is that during the IN-GAME the scanlines don't look so good :( in fact they look pretty bad if ask me. So my thought was putting on an option that enables scanlines only in the MDEC's.

I don't know if that's possible cause i don't know nothing about making plugins but if it is possible i think this idea is pretty good.

Hope this can help you Pete, and all the others of course.

Bye and stay cool. :cool:

BTW, all members fell free to tell me what they think of this idea.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Hmm, well, I'll put that on my to do list for the next version of my plugin. I think why it's not currently in use is because MDECs are just direct screen writes, and there's no way to distinguish between when MDECs are playing or some cool gfx are being displayed.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has i said... i don't know nothing about making psx plugins.

So... it's not possible? :(

·
Registered
292 Posts
Just wondering...

what about mdec and aother graphics mixed togeder?...
Is quite common and having just mdec with scanlines won't look so good..
^^

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I don't sure about this............
Sometime scanline make movie look good sometime look bad.
Anyway just add this option nickk because I believe there are many people want this option :)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Originally posted by lu_zero
Just wondering...

what about mdec and aother graphics mixed togeder?...
Is quite common and having just mdec with scanlines won't look so good..
^^
Yeah, I think Final Fantasy 8 has mixed MDEC/Graphics when Squall and Quistis walk down the corridor away from his dormitory at the beginning of the game.

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Hmm..

This does indeed sound interesting...
Just wonder how it will effect games like Xenogears where they combine the use of MDECS and in game graphics..

Then again if it is made into a feature that can be switched on and off...guess it wouldn't pose a problem....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts