Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of u wich will read this post will laugh until u fall down because i know this is a stupid question... but i really don't know the answer... so please... be gentil :pPP

WHAT IS FSAA? I presume it Full Screen Anti-alias but i don't know what that is either....

Sorry for the stupid question...

·
Registered
680 Posts
FIRST of all, THER IS no such thing as Stupid Question, not on this Earth. Every Question are valuable, cause it will help/or would help someone/everyone.

FSAA = right, it is Full Scene Anti Aliasing.
Firstly (as far as i can remember - you may correct me if i'm wrong)), Implemented on Voodoo 4 and 5 series. This is the best tehnique yet (at that time) to smoothen your graphics (specially 3D, not just in games, but also on any 3D application that uses this resource) So FSAA will make your favourite characters have smooth skin, no more of that 'stair' effect/jaggy graphics (If you look a little closer at your monitor while playing games, you know what 'stair' effect i ment).

Anti Aliasing already implemented to home application way before it was used for graphic cards. Adobe Photoshop uses its internal Anti Aliasing system to make any font looks as smooth as it can be. And several other application.

FSAA, in theory is such a nice thing to have, but not on real life. You must have a powerful system to run your games with 4x4 FSAA.

today cards, support FSAA both on software and hardware, the Voodoo 4/5 family, Geforces, KYRO 1,2, and Radeon 2.

GeForce 3 not only support FSAA, but something much higher than that, HRAA (High Resolution Anti Aliasing). This is the new technique. To have your games looks beautiful on average system. How? By rendering it half the way old FSAA did. So your Processor wouldn't have to work it ass out just to calculate FSAA/HRAA.

And now, if you own a FSAA-capable graphic card, not only PC games that you can be satisfied with, but PSX games. ePSXe and FPSe is the way to see how FSAA make your crappy looking PSX games to something mch more better.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow!!!! :eek:

Thks 404!!! U've really been a help!! I fell much smarter now hehe :D

Many thks!

S

·
0 Posts
404, I, too, learned something. I did not know anything about HRAA or that GEForce 3 cards could do it. Now I may have to think about getting a GEForce 3 in August. Thanks for the info.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 6 of 6 Posts