Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all. I just got started with ePSXe, and I'm totally confused. I wanted to try out Final Fantasy 7. I followed all the prescribed configuration requirements, and it looks like it's ready to go.

But I can't figure out how to start the game. It's the original CD, not an ISO. I tell it to Run-CDROM, and then point it to the CD-ROM drive, but I don't know what to do from there.

As I said, this is most likely a really stupid nooby question, and you're all probably shaking your head in disgust at me. But when you're done with that, could you help me out? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
you've configured the cd-rom to point to the right drive? when choosing Run CDROM, it should automatically start running the game (or give you a black screen of nothingness, at least)

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
you're using Mooby's CDR plugin then, which loads ISOs. use Peops CDR.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
why not peops on XP? That's the combination i use and runs just fine. Xeven's and Sapu's cdr plugin are pretty easy to use, as they autoconfigure themselves, but peops gets better performance than both of them. And it works on XP, just make sure to select ioctl interface and thread read ;) .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts