Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I’m a student at UC Berkeley, and I’m working on a research project about forums. I know EMU is a really active and engaged community, so I thought it would be a good place to try to get some data.

A big part of the project is collecting a ton of data about what people think about the forums that they use; hence my post… Sorry if this seems a little spammy. Feel free to ignore.

If you are interested in helping me out, please fill out my short survey: Online Forum and Community Survey. It is short and sweet.

Thanks, Karl

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Project Berkley rocked, you got my support.

3. How many times do you visit this forum in an average month?
/me looks for the infinity sign

*on a staff notice, it is spammy, yes, but since it's educational I'll leave it open. I do hope you'll drop by to let know the results.

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Survey design feedback:

Providing drop down box menus in those questions which require a number is often a better idea than leaving an open question field. It is less tiring to the user.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Question #5 has a small typo, the third options says "Yes, I have made many fiends" Should be friends.....:doh:

Project Berkley rocked, you got my support.

3. How many times do you visit this forum in an average month?
/me looks for the infinity sign
You can't input a value in it which is greater then 2 digits!.....Immediate correction needed

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Didn't for me. I inputted 500 initially (and that's true :p), but it returned an error saying "The value must be a whole number" (oO) so I thought this was the case and dropped it to 99 after which it worked.

·
I'm sexy and I know it!
4,935 Posts
Yes, that question was a bit mind boggling at first.

I tried inputting "999", but it wouldn't accept it. So I removed 2 of the digits :p
Answered the rest of the questions truthfully though.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
The survey seems geared a bit too much towards casual forum visitors, something along the lines of a 40 year old woman visiting a parent forum, and not towards the 'hardcore forum users' you'll find here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.