Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
lazy shmupper
897 Posts
Kega Fusion, Regen, Gens... do it so much better. I don't understand why these MD games are ported to Mame or FBA.
Those Mega-Play and Mega-Tech multi-slot boards were just Megadrives put in arcade cabinets anyway (more like 'pre-NeoGeo MVS slots').

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
This is Mega Choice or Mega Play - kind of different, never saw them. LansLarque, it`s because when Killer Instinct was out it was priced for 5 000 $, and the boss at the local arcade choose to buy the SNES-COIN-OP implementation instead to buy KI for that much. It was not as good as the CHD KI but it was KI afterall, better something than nothing. By the time Mega Play and Mega Choice were out games like Super Street Fighter 2 The New Challengers and Mortal Kombat 3 was unreally expensive for PCBs.

They're not being ported at all. oO

They're emulating the arcade machines.
Precisely, with 2 different arcade bioses, the one you see here is like Play Choice 10, you have a timer to play ( 1 coin - 5 mins ), but the other was different I think it makes it more acurate to arcade removing the time and make it credit based, but I am not really sure about that, gotta chek this :)

P.S.
See MAME HAZE MD in MAME directories :D

·
lazy shmupper
897 Posts
They were Mega Play and Mega Tech. Both were just Jamma adapted Megadrives with 4 or 8 cartridge slots.
Technically speaking these have no differences with the MD.

So why bother ? MD emulators are already far more advanced.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
What do you mean just like Naomi? The Dreamcast came out AFTER THE NAOMI board... The Naomi was not based on the Dreamcast, the Dreamcast WAS BASED ON THE NAOMI...

Just like there was "Playstation" arcade hardware BEFORE the Playstation console was made...

·
-
113 Posts
The release date does not reveal what was first - console or arcade.
You can ship "unfinished" hardware in the arcade easier than release as a console.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
The release date does not reveal what was first - console or arcade.
You can ship "unfinished" hardware in the arcade easier than release as a console.
Ok, I'm sorry, I was wrong on the Dreamcast. I checked system16.com and the O.P. was right Naomi and Naomi GD Rom were derived from the Dreamcast.

Please accept my apologies, I'll try to read system16.com the next time I think a poster is wrong on hardware... :innocent:

Oh well, another reason to :wub: my Dreamcast, it spurred some good arcade hardware! :thumb:

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Well yes and no, the performance is very good and its cheap, good for developers. But NAOMI stuff is such a pain to install and set up in a cabinet !!! :???::D
Well it's not like I'll ever see any Naomi boards that I'll own and install in this lifetime! :evil:

I just received a lot of joy playing the games in the arcade, why do you think I buy so many Naomi type games for my Consoles? :evil:

·
Registered
374 Posts
What do you mean just like Naomi? The Dreamcast came out AFTER THE NAOMI board... The Naomi was not based on the Dreamcast, the Dreamcast WAS BASED ON THE NAOMI...

Just like there was "Playstation" arcade hardware BEFORE the Playstation console was made...
I dont why he so excited on Naomi. Every thread, he make. He always mention Naomi.:drool:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.