Next Generation Emulation banner

street fighter 4

14K views 65 replies 24 participants last post by  Imad_k 
#1 ·
hi

this is a benchmark tool for sf4 which should be coming out next week. capcom games are always well optimized. im getting very good performance with my ati hd4650, averaging about 60fps on 1280x720 and 50fps on 14400x900 with the default settings. game looks great nonetheless. the load times are also very fast, about 2-3 seconds from vs screen to actual fight.

#6 · (Edited)
Got 10235, all highest settings, 1680x1050, no AA, 8x Aniso, Ink shader. Looks ****ing FANTASTIC, far better than the console versions, and it was running + 110 FPS most of the time. Capcom's got a wonderful development team :D. I'm absolutely thrilled it's coming to PC; the anticipation is killing me!

Edit: Oh, and it only reads the CPU's internal identification to check frequency; my CPU's indeed at 3GHz.

#7 ·
Got 10235, all highest settings, 1680x1050, no AA, 8x Aniso, Ink shader. Looks ****ing FANTASTIC, far better than the console versions, and it was running + 110 FPS most of the time. Capcom's got a wonderful development team :D. I'm absolutely thrilled it's coming to PC; the anticipation is killing me!

Edit: Oh, and it only reads the CPU's internal identification to check frequency; my CPU's indeed at 3GHz.
I dont Want to start a flame war or be an ******* but:
e4400@ 3ghz, all maxed out no AA, Aniso 8x, ink Shader,
ati 4770 stock:

Do you mind to do the test again with C16xQAA ?? :$

#8 ·
That's really strange. Maybe it likes Radeons? The 9800GTX+ on paper is significantly faster than the HD 4770. I'll retest with a few tweaks.

Edit: Oops, had 8xAA forced in the driver. One sec, will run again.

#10 ·
Hm, I can't seem to get much higher than ~10K no matter what I do (aside from lower the settings). Maybe I need to update my drivers... can someone else with a 9800GTX+ post their scores?

Edit: I'm running 178.24, about to update to 185.85. Will try again then.

#11 ·
Hah, yep, new drivers fixed it nicely.

8x Aniso, no AA, highest settings, ink shader, 850/2100/2600:

#13 ·
And stock (CPU limited when OCed):

:thumb:

#17 ·
iirc thats a driver issue... the drivers actually install as a 4800 series labelling rather then 4850 :\

#19 ·
if a miracle happans i might be lucky enough to get 10 fps on this game...

#20 ·
You should be able to. You'll have to turn things down/off though.

I get 10.6fps @1920x1200 with everything maxed out and the "ink shader turned on.

#21 · (Edited)
Been waiting on this one for a while. Glad to see Capcom took the time to port it right and take advantage of the configurability of the PC, rather than *****ing about it as a detriment to the development/porting process.

(EDIT: Sorry about the white bar at the bottom of all the pics, I used MSPaint and the field must have been set to 1600X1201 when I pasted in. Meh.)

This is the result of everything maxed, no AA, no Vsync, and 4X texture filtering + Ink shader

Decided to try it with Vsync, since the screen tearing was just awful

And then with AA 2x, since the jaggies were noticeable, but not really bad at all, IMHO

...and then turned the Vsync back off to see what difference it would make

Finally, for ****s and grins, decided to run it with all settings as low as possible:

After reading through this thread, I got to thinking about it and realized I havent updated my graphic drivers in a long time.

So, all settings to super low, with the latest nVidia driver set:

Aaaaand finally, all settings maxed except 2x AA and 4x texture filtering; Vsync ON and INK shaders:

Wow, the new drivers gave me an extra 30 fps on ultralow and an extra 10 on all maxed out settings. I can play now with 2x AA, vsync, and Ink shaders. Nice.

Can't wait until it hits shelves on July 7th. I wonder why the UK gets the early release this time around?

-TastEPlasma

#22 ·
hi

after seeing all the high scores, i decided to get a nvidia gts 250.

the performance gain wasnt what i had expected. it was probably 30 percent faster than my hd4650 overall. oh well at least the drivers arent as bad as ati.

#23 · (Edited)
I just had to give this benchmark-thingie' a try as well.

View attachment 204775
-----------------------------
View attachment 204776

2048x1536, everything on max besides antialiasing, which doesn't make much difference here at this res anyways :)

(4X AA and 12X AF that is :))

It is grand news that they will release SF-IV for PC.

#24 ·
WAIT! STOP! HOLD UP! This game already out for pc?? Someone! Anyone reply back please ASAP!

#26 ·
Ugh...when i start benchmark i get a black screen and all i can hear is music and just see the street fighter logo. :( o well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.