Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Capcom has posted up a few new details on the upcoming PC version of Street Fighter IV. The game will have Games for Windows Live support built-in, meaning it'll come with voice chat, achievements, and the other stuff that being GFWL-compliant provides. In addition to the obvious PC benefit of running in a higher resolution (provided your hardware can handle it), the game will also offer support for multiple shaders. This will offer a few different light tweaks to the graphical style.

The shaders are referred to as Watercolor, Poster, and Sumi-e Ink. The ink style looks like it throws a lot of ink splotches around the edges of the character models, sort of like those early trailers and the game's focus attack animations. I always thought the game could have used more of that. Here's a shot filtered through Sumi-e Ink:

oO

Street Fighter IV PC: Achievements, Higher Resolutions, New Shaders - giantbomb.com

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
I hope its not limited install, etc...

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
If I remember correctly though, DMC 4 doesn't have any DRM. So there's a chance it won't have any DRM or limited installations, etc.

And as for the extra shading. I like it. I really thought that SF4 would have the ink splat graphics, and it would improve the atmosphere (Although it could affect gameplay.)

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
June 30th

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.