Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive tested street fighter 4 for the pc and ive gotta say this is masterpiece over the console version. dependent apon the hardware that you are running ive achieved 77 fps on the highest resolution which is alot faster than the console version plus 1280X1024 on my rig. With everything on max i was able to achieve stunning visuals.

my game settings
resolution 1280X1024
atiali- C16XQ
display vsynce on
parallel rendering on
texture filter X16
model texture high
background high
soft shadow highest
self shadow high
motion blur high
particles high
extra touch- posterization

·
Level 9998
10,591 Posts
Pirate. PC version isn't released until Tuesday.
Please note the location.

US gets it late because... it's a holiday weekend, I guess.

Anyway, this game runs well because it was designed for an arcade machine that has specs many times lower than your average gaming PC nowadays. :p Imagine something like this:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 at most (typically Celeron D 352 or Pentium 4 651)
RAM: 512MB 200MHz DDR2 (stressing 200MHz)
GPU: Ati X1600Pro or X1300LE or nVidia 7900GS or 7600GS or 7300GS

That's the specs of the Taito Type X2 arcade machine that Street Fighter IV was designed for. *yessiritsapcwithembeddedostorunarcadegamesonly*

Another interesting bit: that arcade machine uses HDD to store games as far as I'm concerned, and it uses Windows XP Embedded. ;p

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
I can't wait to get mine, but sadly Gamestop isn't shipping the game until the 7th and it isn't due until the 8th.

·
Registered
10,973 Posts

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
I wanted to support fighting games on a PC, I believe having a good amount of pre orders tells gaming companies there's a market for those games, but alas there are no King of Fighters coming out for the PC and I'm sure not paying $60 for the 360 version even if I had a 360.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
That's why I buy all of my current-gen console games used. (or I wait for a mark down)

There's always some rich kid who gets all the new games on release day and pays full price every time. He plays the hell out of the game and then gets bored with it. A week later, it's back on the shelf with $10 -$20 knocked off the original price.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.