Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,
just a queries...

My machine is a P2 366mh, with a diamond viper 550 16mb Nvidia card with detonator drivers (as well as the basic diamond nvidia), 192MB ram, and an SBLive. running win98se

What do you guys think would be the best configuration for this setup??? Which plug in and what settings?? coz everytime i change something, i get illegal operations...:(

thanx in advance for any help provided!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
For your sys specs I suggest u use for video Pete's Software Plug-In, Sounds: internal core, Cd-Rom: cdr internal core... Look at the configuration of the cd-rom drive the most time that produces that errors...

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
I wouldn't recomend the Soft plugin since your processor is not very fast. Try Pete's D3D, Iori's or internal SPU and internal CDR. btw, which is the chipset in your video card? Is it a TNT2?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx for the responses guys, i set up the gfx to be petes d3d and wipeout3 plays without any probs at about 160fps, then when i threw in GT2, the gfx slowed to a point where it was quite unplayable 30fps ave..
Im still havin probs with the sound and video (fmv) on afew games, but il guess il jsut have to keep tweaking!
Thanx again for the replies. I did notice with using teh gfx card, the games ran smoother, but the sound is still quite strange...
u think its the cdrom?? Should i use my burner to read the games??
might have to try it...
thanx again

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Padre,
you might want to disable sound altogether to play GT2. it will improve the speed by a quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Seeing as GTA2 is mainly a sprite based game try useing Petes Software Plugin to play that, but even then with your bad specs it may go kinda slow. But probably not. :)

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Asz,
I think we're talking about Gran Turismo 2 (GT2)
and you're referring to Grand Theft Auto 2 (GTA2), "a sprite based game"

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Originally posted by takwu
Asz,
I think we're talking about Gran Turismo 2 (GT2)
and you're referring to Grand Theft Auto 2 (GTA2), "a sprite based game"
this smiley will speak upon my behalf :heh:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanx for that guys.
I can play pretty much all the games quite fast averaging about 150 to 200 fps, but the sound is just crap as...
oh well, time to pull the psx outta the cupboard!
I was jsut hopin to play some games with the higher specs..
it dont matter thou!
thanx again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts