Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am having problems running the original CD-ROM of Wip3out. Everything is okay until I pass a blue beamed checkpoint when racing. As soon as I go through a checkpoint the game will crash giving me an error message ‘Opcode 3f UNK (PC 000263c8) (2480,114)’

I am using ePSXe at the moment. I have tried most of the other emulators and plugins but they don’t even get as far as the race. They hang on the loading screen.

This is my current setup

ePSXe 1.6.0

Pete’s OpenGL driver 1.76

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.76
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GFX card: RADEON 9250 Series DDR x86/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 1024x768 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing [32 Bit]
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8B8A8
- Filtering: 6
- Hi-Res textures: 1
- VRam size: 128 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 4
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 3
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41 set with default options

ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2.

My hardware setup is

Intel Celeron 4 2.8 GHz
512MB RAM
Gecube ATI Radeon 9250 128MB PCI

Sorry if this question has been posted before. I haven't seen anything..

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
does it work when you try Peops soft plugin?

also, definitely use a different CD plugin, try Xeven's or Sapu's (they autoconfigure).

you also might want to turn down some of the settings, you might get better graphics results out of it, especially in your offscreen drawing area...just try the nice preset (instead of 4/2/3 like you have it'd be 3/2/0)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried all the settings in Pete's OpenGL plugin with no luck. I've also tried every single plugin listed on ngemu (even the ones with a poor rating). I've also tried all the sound and CD plugins as well. I even tried other PSX emulators with no luck. I wanted to try the old king Bleem. But it wouldn't install on Win XP!

The setup which i listed before seems to get me the furthest in the game (up to those bloody checkpoints). The other plugins seem to crash on the loading screen just before a race, thats if they run at all.

I'm running the original CD-ROM, but i have tried making an ISO and BIN from it with no luck at all. Still the same problem

Has anyone actually got this game to run? It's listed as compatible for ePSXe! If you have please can you post your version of ePSXe, the plugins you use and the settings you have. I'd be very greatful

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like i said before, i have already tried those emulators with no luck.

I have found out something interesting recently. There is an option in Wip3out to turn the checkpoints off. So i selected this option and started a race, hoping that this will fix the problem. Interestingly, the game will still crash after a few yards of racing. This time, instead of freezing, what happens is the colours go all scrambled instead.

So has anyone got this game to run?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
if i had it, i'd test it out, but since i dont, i can't. and i did a search (dunno if you did or not) and i didnt see anyone that got it to work.

time to break out the old PSX :p

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What i don't understand is why it has been listed as 100% compatible. That would surely mean someone, somewhere has got it to work. Unless it was only tested up to the title screen!

I am almost to the point of giving up :cuss2:

Can anyone confirm that Wipeout 2097 works?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
man the wipeout games have A LOT of problems, if i see them at gamestop i'll have to pick them up so i can troubleshoot myself...

by the way, you cna check out the search function, i found this thread http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49511 but i dont know if it's helpful to you

·
Registered
654 Posts
This game (NTSC/US) is working fine for me. I just tested it. Ran a one-player single race, took all the default options, played to the end of the race. Passed all blue checkpoints without problems.

Here are my plugins and settings:

ePSXe: 1.60

BIOS: SCPH1001.BIN

GPU: OpenGL2 2.7

SPU: Eternal 1.41

CDR: CDRMooby2

I made the image with Alcohol 120%.

I did, on one occasion, see ePSXe itself crash with "...has encountered a problem and needs to close", but I only saw that once and haven't been able to reproduce it.

Dan

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dbhankins, which Wipeout did you test? Wip3out?

I haven't tried that version of Pete's OpenGL, i didn't know it exists.

You've brought some new light on the subject :thumb: I shall try it out tonight and let you know how it goes!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry for posting straight after my last, but i have just had a thought.

I'm running the PAL version with the SCPH7502 bios. Is it possible that one version of the game ie NTSC would play differently then the other ie PAL?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
it doesnt make a difference what BIOS you use, AFAIK. i used to use SCPH7502 now i use SCPH101 (woot PSone)...my roommate has a SCPH5500 or something PS1, i should dump that thing i have never seen that particular bios used by anyone..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dbhankins, i copied your setting exactly and got an error message when the game was loading up. It said:

missing GLSlang extensions

then i got another one straight after saying

missing shader extensions

where can i download these?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
Pete's OGL2 plugin doesn't come with shaders anymore that's why.

btw, you have it on smoothing set at max? you must have a pretty blurry gameplay :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am having problems running the original CD-ROM of Wip3out. Everything is okay until I pass a blue beamed checkpoint when racing. As soon as I go through a checkpoint the game will crash giving me an error message ‘Opcode 3f UNK (PC 000263c8) (2480,114)’
on psx times, this was the copy protection of the game, you pass line -> your gone :]
i think i had the same problem, dunno exactly what i did but have you tryed to make a image and run with mooby2 cd plugin? this game runs 100% with peops d3d plugin!

maybe you have to tick the "enable subchannel data" on moobys

·
Registered
654 Posts
hushypushy said:
you have it on smoothing set at max? you must have a pretty blurry gameplay :rolleyes:
I've tried all the different levels of smoothing, and I just like how the max one looks.

Especially with WipEout 3.

Playing it on the PC with an emulator instead of on PS1/PS2...it looks better than many PS2 games. In fact, I'd say it looks very nearly as good as WipEout Fusion.

Here are a couple of screenshots. Click on the thumbnail to see the full pic.

Dan

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.