Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tekken 3 works nerely perfect with ePSXe on my computer, except for one tiny problem. Every time a battle is finished (when the replay segment is finished playing, in other words), the frame rate stops, and gets stuck for several seconds. The game soon returns back to normal, but these strange "pauses" tend to get annoying. I think it may be a video card problem... I'm using Pete's D3D Driver 1.55.

The same tends to happen with Final Fantasy VIII, especially in battles. The game will occasionally stop, and hang for some seconds before returning back to normal. I can usually fix this by pressing the keys I assigned my PSX buttons to randomly, but I can't really figure out what's wrong.

I've also seen this happen in Brave Fencer Musashi, sometimes after I've assimilated an enemy.

Anyone experience similar problems? :confused:

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Let's tackle this one at a time.

The Tekken3 problem can be fixed by enabling the "Short DMAChain check" special game fix on Pete's Plugin (D3D/OGL/Soft).

Now as for FF9 and Brave Fencer, the slowdown happens because the game needs to load something from the CD... you can reduce that effect by creating an ISO and running the ISO instead of using the CD..... if you want to know how to make an ISO, just do a search on the board... it has been discussed many times already. You could use CDRWIN, CloneCD, or BlindRead, or some other software.

Cheers

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
If not works, maybe checking (or unchecking :D ) the cdrom timing could work

1 - 4 of 4 Posts