Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, everyone, I'm new to the emulation scene. I was looking through storage and found some old games. I figured I'd replay wild arms 2. It runs fine, but I'm noticing some weird issues:

When I start the .exe up, it looks in the wrong directory for the bios. It always looks in the same directory as the Wild Arms image files I made. This is easily fixed by pointing it to the /epsxe/bios directory, but it doesn't seem like something that should be happening.

I normally wouldn't worry about it, but the memory cards have been going awry. When I first played the game, I played for about an hour using no save states, saved onto a memory card, and exited the app. When I came back and started epsxe again, the save was no longer there. Frustrated, I played through the first hour again, and got farther in the game, about 3 hours into it. Afterwards, I saved to the memory card again, and just to be sure, I saved into a save state. I am absolutely positive I saved in that order: memcard, savestate. Upon coming back, I find that once again my saves (both) were gone, as if I were running epsxe for the first time. After that, I tried putting the memory cards in the same folder as the bios. I found the first game save I did, 1 hour in. I decided to re-download epsxe, just in case I had inadvertently messed something up. However, epsxe is still looking in the same directory as the image firles for the bios. It's currently reading the memcards from the right directory, but I'm too scared to put another two hours into it just to have them get wiped again. Can anybody help?

I am using the latest version of epsxe (1.7.0)

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
you are running straight from the executable, not a shortcut? what O/S are you using?

your saves go missing because you are not exiting out of the emulator correctly, you need to press the esc key to return to the GUI and from there do file>exit, any other method aside from that and closing the parent window directly will usually compromise any and all save state and memory card data made during the time the emulator was in use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been running it from a shortcut placed on the start menu. I'm running vista, but the epsxe exeutable is set to only run by administrator. I've been pressing escape, then hitting the X button on the window, I will try correctly exiting the process, thanks!

Edit* Also, any idea on why it would be looking for the bios in the wrong folder?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
you probably dont have the "run in" field entered in correctly. if you launch directly from the executable it should detect them fine, but if you do it from a shortcut without the correct path to it filled out, it usually ends up looking on the desktop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts