Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Seeing that file on emutalk.net on how better use the various plugins on N64 emulators,I gave up.
Almost all single game have some form of glitch or is unplayable.We need a new emulator.One that is built from scratch with compatibility in mind.No HLE,but with a dynamic recompilator for speed.Doesnt matter if it will require a beast of a computer for run the games,but at least it will have accuracy for run almost any game perfect.Forget Project 64,1964,etc...These emulators are all for crazy people,masochists or idiots.

Thanks,slk.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
So you up to program a new emulator? Because you're sure asking a lot if you aren't.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You want a new n64 emu, you code it yourself. And you insulted what, nearly 20+ combined years of work? I play games just fine on project64 (with my crappy system nonetheless)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
The authors work their asses off to make an emulator for the public. They aren't getting paid and are sacrificing teir free time to do this for "us" - The public emulation community. And what do you do? Slap them in the face by saying "We need a new emulator." and "These emulators are all for crazy people,masochists or idiots."

If you knew anything about emulation you'd know that they are not perfect and compatibility is the last thing on the list. Firstly would be actually bein able to emulate the system being the CPU and Graphics.

Blah! It's people like you who give emulation a bad name.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Dude learn some patince and stop being a whiny wimp,1964 and pj64 are very good n64 emulators as are the pther ones,not every single game has a glitch so please don't say the emulators are crap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Razor Blade said:
The authors work their asses off to make an emulator for the public. They aren't getting paid and are sacrificing teir free time to do this for "us" - The public emulation community. And what do you do? Slap them in the face by saying "We need a new emulator." and "These emulators are all for crazy people,masochists or idiots."

If you knew anything about emulation you'd know that they are not perfect and compatibility is the last thing on the list. Firstly would be actually bein able to emulate the system being the CPU and Graphics.

Blah! It's people like you who give emulation a bad name.
I know very well that no emulator is perfect,but the majority goes damn close.For example,PSX,this is what I call a job well made.Some games dont work,some have glitches,but the majority absolute runs VERY well.And the library of games for PSX is around four times bigger than N64.
Second,Chankast.A system 10 times more powerfull and complex than the N64.It already shows a equal compatibility to N64 emulators.And we saw games running on this emulator less than one year ago.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Learn to use the emulators before you complain...Honestly, someone gives away a dedicated well done emulator and people who do not "READ!" jump all over them saying there junk. Well, what's junk is your mind fool...You got da skill...Then you do the job...Don't complain, rather educate yourself in some manners!!!

F.Y.I. compatibility for N64 emulation is pushing 90%...The other 10% is obscure obcode or rarely used and hard to emulate specific items to various games.

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
slk_forever said:
I know very well that no emulator is perfect,but the majority goes damn close.For example,PSX,this is what I call a job well made.Some games dont work,some have glitches,but the majority absolute runs VERY well.And the library of games for PSX is around four times bigger than N64.
Second,Chankast.A system 10 times more powerfull and complex than the N64.It already shows a equal compatibility to N64 emulators.And we saw games running on this emulator less than one year ago.
dont compare emulators with other systems.
the current N64 emulators are very good. Project64,1964 and Nemu64 both have incredible compatibility. You want a perfect gameplay experience? Buy the freakin console and the game.

·
Banned
784 Posts
I agree that the compatibility issue of N64 emulators can be preety frustrating,but you gotta admire the efforts of these people.I think what they've done is preety kool.

·
Registered
177 Posts
slk_forever said:
Hi,

Seeing that file on emutalk.net on how better use the various plugins on N64 emulators,I gave up.
Almost all single game have some form of glitch or is unplayable.We need a new emulator.One that is built from scratch with compatibility in mind.No HLE,but with a dynamic recompilator for speed.Doesnt matter if it will require a beast of a computer for run the games,but at least it will have accuracy for run almost any game perfect.Forget Project 64,1964,etc...These emulators are all for crazy people,masochists or idiots.

Thanks,slk.
i hope none of the authors that developed an n64 emulator sees this. and i highly doubt that you have the skills to code such a thing.

heres a tip: Keep your comments to your self.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
slk_forever.. you are crazy, masochist or idiot? or just a lam00r? you don't like it, write your own. Make something good for mankind and don't waist ngemu forums server place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.