Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comparing 1 emulator to another is non productive and just makes you look foolish.

Each one has its own pace of development and every developer has a process of what he/she feels is most important at the time.

For instance, some games require that the wireless hardware be emulated to allow it to boot certain games, or get past certain areas.

While it sounds easy, its most definitely not.

Another point is the idiotic posts that come out stating that because a computer can run GTA4 (which btw, i still haven't found one that does it decently) That it should immediately be able to run DS games at full speed.

NO. Stop there, don't be stupid, research your thoughts before posting them. Unlike the PC game which is written in one of the many x86 compatible languages, the Emulated game requires that the entire hardware of the device is emulated, and ontop of that it then has to execute the game itself. It is near impossible to get a 1:1 conversion from non x86 code to x86 code without some form of latency within the conversion which adds to the many performance and slowdowns within the emulated game.

EMULATION REQUIRES A BRAIN, if you seriously aren't capable of putting in some decent thought to a situation or problem that arises, then you're better off not trying.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd rewrite it especially for the Sites FAQ if i could be bothered.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I will however sticky it in this section at least and possibly add the link to my FAQ later on (don't have the time to check if it fits now).

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Still not really needed since it's different for every person and every emu has it's merits.

·
da Real ROMshady
266 Posts
iu agree, i see alot of that especially in the no$ sections, yet no one who agrees ever says anything to these people...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.