Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, long time without writing.

I have in fact updated my processor -see signature- and some things have indeed improved, such as emulator PCSX2 in some games. Then I tried this one, and rev 2037 just didn't like: no sound and more susceptible to crashes. Then I tried rev 1882, and the fps ingame are STILL THE SAME: 8 crappy FPS even with Dual Core enabled! What am I doing wrong??

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I did. In fact, it's by default enabled, don't you think? Also the done configs are not saved in rev 2037...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have been having troubles with the speed of this game too. The speed is not stable for some reason.

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Honestly i habnt been in gcube emulation too much, but from what i can see, just having a laptop will screw you over. From what i can tell it is more hardware intensive than pcsx2 and you need a strong system to play that decently.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Melee should be easily playable on your computer. I know I had it running full speed from 900ish to 1300ish. Haven't played it much lately. Try something in between what you have and see if it works. Lately, there have been a lot of problems with the emulator so maybe the game has regressed.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So what can I do? I know my system should easily run this game, EVEN if it's laptop. In this forums there have been people who has claimed to achieve near full speed with lower rigs than mine. If by luck I can find at least one case, I'll quote it here.

I know there must be another issue different than processor speed. When trying the PCSX2 emulator, several games which used to be evidently slow, now ran with acceptable speed.

·
Registered SuperKyo
3,000 Posts
So what can I do? I know my system should easily run this game, EVEN if it's laptop. In this forums there have been people who has claimed to achieve near full speed with lower rigs than mine. If by luck I can find at least one case, I'll quote it here.

I know there must be another issue different than processor speed. When trying the PCSX2 emulator, several games which used to be evidently slow, now ran with acceptable speed.
Post your Dolphin settings

Melee should be easily playable on your computer. I know I had it running full speed from 900ish to 1300ish. Haven't played it much lately. Try something in between what you have and see if it works. Lately, there have been a lot of problems with the emulator so maybe the game has regressed.
Yes, I know it. If I want to play Melee I always go r1191 to play full speed. Seems the game has really regressed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You can get few extra frames by opening notepat and write:
"TASKKILL /IM EXPLORER.EXE /F
start /high /wait DolphinWX.exe
start explorer.exe"

Save as "filename.txt"
Save as txt
Encoding ANSI

Rename it to "filename.BAT"

Put it into the main dolphin folder and run it.
Tadahh!few extra frames

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Does someone know where can I get that rev 1191 in order to give a try?

By the way, I think I found a thread here that proves that SSBM should work with not too powerful processors.

Settings: enabled Dual Core, enabled Idle Skipping, disabled cheats, all advanced settings enabled. For some reason in last revs configs and the ROM list doesn't get saved each time I start Dolphin.

EDIT: tried also other ISOs like Zelda WW and TP. Same very crappy results. In other words, everything is like when I had T7100. NO CHANGE or even worse. What's happening? I repeat, with other emulator (PCSX2) there was indeed speed boosts, so hope it wouldn't be necessary a Windows formating...

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,492 Posts
Not sure that should matter. Balanced and High Performance show little difference and Power Saver doesn't really allow the emulator to render anything.

Here is a direct copy of my Revision 1048 folder sans memory card files

http://personal.southern.edu/~bkreiter/Dolphinx86SVNRevision1048.rar

It runs full speed on my computer (2.4, 3gb RAM, GeForce 8400) with this revision.
Laptops can operate in a low power state while still being fully operational.

My CPU runs at 994MHz and my GPU runs at 100MHz while in the 'Power Saver' or 'Laptop' power profile. This would explain his terrible performance.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Laptops can operate in a low power state while still being fully operational.

My CPU runs at 994MHz and my GPU runs at 100MHz while in the 'Power Saver' or 'Laptop' power profile. This would explain his terrible performance.
Well, I suppose different brands may be different, but in Power Saver on mine, it refuses to play games in Dolphin. I imagine some feature or hardware gets shut off that prevents it from running.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is what I get.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hope it's only misunderstanding from me, but do you mean my processor is crappy?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hm...Well, I can run the game full speed with almost identical specs on that revision so there is some sort of other issue going on. Did you look at power settings like suggested earlier?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a decent laptop too i get full fps but it likes to dip alot.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts