Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello.

i am trying to get a decent framerate with Devil May Cry but i mostly are stuck around 30 fps, sometimes its 40-45 when playing in small areas without enemies. but as soon as the enemies come my fps drops to 30-32.
yesterday i found the latest GSDX "r1426" which i thought was going to bring inprovement with Ati cards but i dont notice any differences. also pcsx2 only uses a maximum of 37% of my cpu while the other processes that are running only take around 3-4% of my cpu. i already gave pcsx2 a high priority in taskmanager but that doenst help either so how i can i make that pcsx2 makes full use of my cpu so i can maybe get a decent framerate.

ps: also the speedhacks dont help me.

my specs are:

mobo: Gigabyte ma78g-ds3h
cpu: Amd Athlon 64 x2 5000+ 2.6GHZ
video: Saphire Radeon HD 4870 1GB GDDR5
mem: 4GB Kingston hyperx 1066
hd: 320gb western digital Sata

sorry for my somewhat bad english im dutch.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Athlon X2, below 3.5Ghz :rolleyes:

don't expect much.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
limited by my gpu sounds kinda weird, its a very powerfull card for gaming.
but what is the most weird, before i had my radeon hd 4870 i used my onboard graphics chip a 780G. and in devil may cry on pcsx i only got 2-3 fps less then with my 4870. but isnt there a way to let pcsx make full use of my cpu?

Type ATI Radeon HD4870
speed 750 MHz
Shader Model 4.1
Full Screen Anti Aliasing tot 8 x
DirectX Versie 10.1
OpenGL Versie 2.1

Memory
Capacity 1024 MB aanwezig
Type GDDR5
speed 3600 MHz
Interface 256 bit

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
I really think your problem lies on the CPU and not the GPU.
Try Overclocking your processor a bit to see if it helps.

·
Join the Dark Side!!
266 Posts
Try Overclocking your processor a bit to see if it helps.
Of course he'll see a performance boost if he OC.

to the OP: if your CPU is Windsor then don't expect much OC potential, if you reach 3.0GHz you've a lucky chip, but if your CPU is Brisbane (65nm) expect to OC it past 3.2GHz (of course if you know what are you doing).

Other than that you're CPU limited, 2.6GHz Athlon X2s are underpowered to run PCSX2 at good speeds, your VGA is fine (even the CPU maybe bottleneck it a little).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you installed the patch/driver that enables full dual core on the AMD chips? It's ages since I had a dual core AMD but I remember there was a program I had to install to get the full benefit of both cores but sadly I forget the name of it.

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Ati cards offloads on the cpu, so even if MGTS is enabled, you'd still get a performance hit. Ati cards are good with a quad core only.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
thats been fixed in recent drivers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.