Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll wait atleast 2 more months to see the progress before i try it. Hope they can boost the performance alot more than now after new drivers come out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
you must remember that those are the untweaked scores, and in many cases winXP will end up with a higher score than win98. also, not looking at the frame rates, most of my games seem to run more smoothly under winXP than under win98 or winME.

·
これはバタスです
6,338 Posts
Windows 9x is generally the better performer in gaming situations, as it's always been. The NT core just plain sucks for Direct3D. On another note, XP (as well as 2000) is a lot more stable and robust, and it gives you much more control over the system. I'm primarily using my Windows 2000 partition now but sometimes I have to boot into ME if I wish to run any old games or apps. I think I'll hold off upgrading to XP until I actually need it but despite whether I do or not I'll still keep my old ME partition.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Originally posted by Demigod79
Windows 9x is generally the better performer in gaming situations, as it's always been. The NT core just plain sucks for Direct3D. On another note, XP (as well as 2000) is a lot more stable and robust, and it gives you much more control over the system. I'm primarily using my Windows 2000 partition now but sometimes I have to boot into ME if I wish to run any old games or apps. I think I'll hold off upgrading to XP until I actually need it but despite whether I do or not I'll still keep my old ME partition.
Hmm... funny, but for me Direct3D in Win2000 is even better than it is in Win98. I don't know what the hell of a core the 2000 ver is made up from (not talking about the NT tree), but it sure is much more stable and reliable. What I have to complain a little is its OpenGL support. A bit poor, since Win2000 is primarily made up for interprise end-users (and not all bosses like to have their employees playing at work). :)

S

·
0 Posts
I just have way too many programs that dont like 2k or xp, and since they dont really add interesting new stuff, I'll stick with 98.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Well in my case I alraedy have updated to XP. Then again I was running win 2k anyways so I haven't had any major problems. Well except for the fact I had to update NAV to the 2002 release (which is free for students at my uni anyway). Realistically though for most ppl I'd normally tell them to wait about 3 months after release for drivers etc.. before updating any os.

·
Registered
632 Posts
If you want stability go for xp but if you are a gamer stick with 98se and if you want both just do a dual boot setup

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
At first I thought for more then two three weeks whether to upgrade to XP or not..............then after I did..........I got some problems..........I think for more then one month all I had to do is to work on the problems......as you might have seen a few threads of mine in software discussion.......no one knew how to help me........so what I did opened up the Windows XP BIG BIG @SS.....and solved the problem my self.......in the first few attempts I formatted my HD......but the same problem popped up again............formatting isn't the solution.......brains are what solve the problems..........!...........upgrade to XP............though its not very awesome but works good.....!

Ali

1 - 13 of 13 Posts