Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Normal Person
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking in to see if the project's still alive, and how many people are working on it. And if I'm not mistaken it's still a closed source project? Why is that?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Just checking in to see if the project's still alive, and how many people are working on it. And if I'm not mistaken it's still a closed source project? Why is that?

Thanks
1. If I've said it before I've said it a million times. It's not over until I say it is! Low activity is not the same as "dead".

2. There's only a few contributors atm, most of which are lacking time to put into this unfortunately. I was just trying to add Xbox ADPCM support for better sound compatibility, but Cxbx refuses to work with it. Strange because I wrote a program that decodes and plays Xbox ADPCM encoded .wav files in less than a day...

3. What do you mean closed source?! The SVN link is stickied at the top of the forum (http://cxbx.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cxbx/branches/private/shogun/). Sorry I haven't updated it in 5 months, but I've had alot of IRL concerns lately keeping me away from Xbox emulators.

4. Dxbx is still not on the same level as Cxbx, and last I checked, shadow_tj hasn't been working on it much lately either.

·
Normal Person
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't know what it is about xbox but it seems like everyone who started on an emu just gave up on it, I'm glad to hear you haven't done that.... yet ;p

If I knew the first thing about coding I'd love to help, I love some of these games that much, but all I can say is hope things work out irl and cxbx

·
Registered
1 Posts
The person/s who manage/s to release a fully functional Xbox emulator will forever be known as the greatest people on the internet. :p
Agreed, can't wait to see if I'll be able to play Mad Dash Racing like on the old times, please don't let this project die, I've just registered today, I'm pretty sure that more peopl are HIGHLY interested on this projet, just keep it up!

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
I need to get back to work on Mad Dash. Emulating that game is going to be a MAJOR challenge since it records it's pushbuffers using D3DDevice::BeginPushBuffer(), that's going to be tough to emulate with Direct3D unless I encode pushbuffers myself.

Working on it broke Halo though...

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Fixing Halo alone would solve alot of our problems, and I didn't care for the PC port. I personally enjoyed the console version better.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The Halo 2 port was a travesty and an embarrassment. You should be ashamed for suggesting such a thing.
You signed up here just to tell me that? oO

Ich was talking about Halo 1 anyway. I agree it's not that great of a port (the framerate sucks). But with all the modding capabilites i say the PC version wins. The best version that you can get of Halo 1 is the anniversary edition, although they defaced the original music a lot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I still a bit wonder how they did the Xbox emu on the 360 :p but yeah, they defaced the music on the Anniversary edition, I like playing the original halo on the xbox.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts