Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
you mean like use an actual steering wheel with ePSXe? Sure, why not.

but if you mean you want the game to think you have a steering wheel (intead of a dual-shock), then sorry, you can't. Bleem! 1.5b is the only emulator so far with such an option, which has some bugs too.

That can surely change when someone writes a pad plugin with that option, for the emulators that support it. unfortunately ePSXe does not support pad plugins as of 1.2.0.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive tryed it as a dual shock pad and theres a massive dead zone (totaly unplayable). never mind ill just have to put up with my keyboard. :eyes:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
yep, i had that problem too using a joystick as dualshock in ePSXe. deadzone was surely killing me.

that's why for GT1 i'm using bleem.

as for GT2 in ePSXe I guess I just use a digital gamepad. i actually did a poll quite a while ago and that's what most ppl used, altho polls on this site are regarded as not very representative.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how does it work in bleem?

hopefully theyll put support in for the new version of epsxe

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
well that question kinda moves into bleem! discussion, hehe
anyways you gotta select Controller type to NegCon, and then configure, see attachment.
notice I mapped L, I, and II to Z axis, which is my throttle. I have to MAX the throttle to make bleem think those buttons are not pressed. I think it's a bug.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
oh and i remind you that was a new feature in bleem! 1.5b (the latest), any other version does not have it.

and then in games like Gran Turismo, you will see you have analog controls without the DualShock's 50% dead-zone (ok maybe not that much ;) )

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm using an older model Logitech Formula Force Wheel for GT2 and removing any deadzone the wheel software adds (5% at minimum setting) with a little utility called DXTweak. Theres still the programed deadzone for the dualshock but it isnt as prominent and is still better than those crapy wheels you can get for the PSX (I know coz I used to have one)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
could you tell me where you got this program from please and do you think it would work a microsoft sidewinder steering wheel with force feed back.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Flying-Camel
hmm, i never had a PSX steering wheel. but you say yours is crapy... so which brand and model is it? I thought those from Interact are not as good as the Thrustmasters, is that right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its actually a little program by the wingman team at logitech so I'd say it would'nt work with your Microsoft wheel. I don't know if a similar program exists for use with your wheel or if you can eliminate the deadzone with the provided MS software. You want no deadzone and high sensitivity to get a halfway decent feel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
takwu

I had one of the earlier wheels that was produced for the playstation, Madcatz. I thought it was actualy reasonably good until it broke. I then replaced it with a later model Madcatz and that one was pure crap. I hardly ever used it. None of the other wheels I tried seemed to be a marked improvement either.

I'm sure an expensive PSX wheel would perform well, but the majority are cheep and cheerful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts