Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
mmm... Mammoth steak
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What nuisance would you rather deal with on your new favorite game?
keep in mind that if you use steam theres a chance that someone may have stolen your product key,you need a internet connection, you still have to download the rest of the game and that you are forced to update steam if you want to work in online mode

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
But what if you had a dailup connection
Then I'd buy neither... Buying a game with limited installations just purely sucks... And I happen to own mass effect with the securom and now that I have it I feel that should've just downloaded it. Just to show a finger at the a-holes!:mad: But I don't really like steam either, luckily I don't have eny games with steam but its still better than securom.

·
Mr. Technological
5,933 Posts
Back before Securom and games had limited activations, required online authentication, I would of said Securom...

Now it's Steam, Steam besides most of the games being somewhat Drm free serves as a convenience, I can make purchases online and have my game downloaded quicker than I can make a trip to the store or wait for it to arrive by mail.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
steam is much better than it was when it was first introduced. it still has a few quirks that i wish would be taken care of, namely the offline mode not working sometimes, but its a minor inconvieniece at best and far more tolerable than securom and the rest of the draconian drm bs will ever be.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
What nuisance would you rather deal with on your new favorite game?
keep in mind that if you use steam theres a chance that someone may have stolen your product key,you need a internet connection, you still have to download the rest of the game and that you are forced to update steam if you want to work in online mode
It's not as if me or you really get to choose steam though, our only choice is living with SecuRom, at least for the time being.

·
Miserable Bugger
1,090 Posts
I'd rather Securom as I like a hard copy of a game.

Steam is a great idea but in ten years time is the game I bought still going to be available for download, even if it proved to be not popular when it was originally released?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I'd rather Securom as I like a hard copy of a game.

Steam is a great idea but in ten years time is the game I bought still going to be available for download, even if it proved to be not popular when it was originally released?
Can't you buy most steam games as a retail copy if you like? I know all of my Steam games are hard copies.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Yes, you can buy it as a retail copy with most games. And yes, support will always be there, games are never removed no matter how crappy they are.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
Well, I've never had any issues with CD protection, so I'd probably take Securom.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I'm gunna stab all you securom noobs. That **** puts your CDRoms and HDD's at risk,

·
Miserable Bugger
1,090 Posts
If I can buy copies of Steam games on Disk, then what exactly is the point of Steam?

I'd rather pay the little extra for a disk to be honest.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts