Next Generation Emulation banner

What's the status quo?

• 1: The future is bright and a better world for everyone is coming soon.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2: Everything's cool.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 3: Things are a bit messed up in places, but it's not that bad.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • 4: The world's equally full of good and bad things.

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • 5: Things are messed up and getting worse.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • 6: It's all going to s**t and everyone's clapping along!

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • 7: It doesn't matter, I honestly think the end of the world is coming soon.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • None of the answers really represent my opinion.

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 1 3.1%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They say no news is good news. Some people don't stress about politics or money, some people protest and have much to say, some people couldn't care less or their minds are on other things.

How does everyone feel about the state of their country/world/reality as a whole?

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
First

for number 3. africa is effed up so is mexico

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts

Just take a good, long look around.

The media and politicians are lying to you every day, saying "it's all good" but the reality is that everything is falling into the crapper. So many people out there believe these lies and applaud the actions taken. A little common sense and some basic arithmetic are all you need to figure out that what they are saying is pure garbage.

I'll leave it at that, for now.

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
governments rise and fall, but humans will continue to progress

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
not when we're the ones stifling progress in the first place.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
the word was always crap, nothing has changed, so the status quo stays intact, and honestly i don't care anymore, but since my opinion isnt specifically in the poll, i thought i might as well post this.

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
you could say, that religion was progress on the view that it involved some sort of thought to be conceived. an improvement from just walking around looking for food and making tools.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
The more things change, the more they stay the same. Alot of people don't understand what that really means.

I voted for the fourth one, but I could equally agree with either three or five as well.

·
Tushy :3
5,162 Posts
I don't know what I would choose. Honestly, I'm usually a very happy person. But lately I've been so sad and depressed because of crap that has come up in my life. It's hard for me to get out of the whole that I'm in and I'm very angry with the world right now.

I'd probably choose number 5. Things are just seeming to get worse for me...:(

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
As for my personal life, it's great atm. As for my view of the world, well it's going downhill fast, and will eventually catch up to murder my personal life.

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
At least where i live...

·
You're already dead...
5,472 Posts
"4: The world's equally full of good and bad things."

that's not true, there's more bad in this world than good.

as soon as we are granted life we're on a time-bomb till death.
no-one lives forever, and only a few people get what they want in life before they die.

our very existence is a struggle for survival.
that is the truth of life, and it sucks.

The media and politicians are lying to you every day, saying "it's all good" but the reality is that everything is falling into the crapper.

i see the opposite.
i see everyone talking about how the world is so much worse now than before, yet go back in time and people will be saying the same ****.

its not that the world is getting worse, its that the world is **** and always has been.

ideally humanity will reach a Utopian society at some point, but i'm not sure if that'll ever happen.

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
for number 3. africa is effed up so is mexico
Hey! I protest! The media paint us as if we were in a virtual civil war, but most of the drug war related problems are concentrated in 3 or 4 cities. Which happen to be next to the border, where the problems spills over at times, which is the main reason you actually see so much media coverage for it.

·
On Stand-by
759 Posts
I'll stick with #4

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.