Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that pcsx2 developers have made some nice progress with the BIOS and memory card support. The CVS build I compiled succeeded to get many games to show load screens that previously wouldn't have made anything visible.
It came to my mind to ask how complete would the developers say the different areas of the emulator are done in %? I couldn't find any info like that on their homepage or here in the faq. The only "gaping" hole I know about is the complete lack of support for any mpeg2 cutscenes etc...

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
welcome to our forum family.

yes the development is increasing every day ;) please read rules, don't talk here about cvs builds. read the rules. Many of us were talking about something similar as you (procentag progress) but there's no respond, I guess we should respect that, it's good to have any news as about that: pcsx2 is still evoluting :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KanedA said:
welcome to our forum family.

yes the development is increasing every day ;) please read rules, don't talk here about cvs builds. read the rules. Many of us were talking about something similar as you (procentag progress) but there's no respond, I guess we should respect that, it's good to have any news as about that: pcsx2 is still evoluting :)
Thanks for the welcome. :)

Sorry for the CVS talk, I thought that the rules said that you don't support the CVS or other unofficial builds, but not that it was forbidden to talk at all of those... :D

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
no it's not forbidden, but if not supported you won't get any advices/info/ect on in it, also asking about it you can piss of admins/mods/authors/betatersters/rest ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I understand that. I have been lurking around for quite some time already and know what I can ask and what not. ;)
Well I guess I shouldn't hold my breath in anticipation for some of the devs answering my question, if you guys haven't gotten answer before... :(

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Welcome to the forums Deegee,its nice to see new members reading the rules these days ;)
Now for your question,any info about PCSX2 progress will be posted in NGemu or the pcsx2 site and i think that the info there is enough for people to stay up to date.Now for the percentage,i dont think the authors can say themselves since documentation on the ps2 console is scarce and they cant know precicely whats emulated properly and whats not.But as i said before WIP reports at these sites should be enough :)

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
Welcome to the forums Deegee,its nice to see new members reading the rules these days
:thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts