Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, thanks for the great free app. It saved me the times other emulators failed.

Second off, the combination of {v1.6 + scph1001 + Pete's OpenGL GPU + Internal SPU + Pete's CD-R} runs any game like a charm for a few times. Then it refuses to run at all, ePSXe.exe exits before showing the main window without any messages, warnings etc. I overwrite ePSXe.exe which is now about 122 KB with the original 167 KB one I downloaded and it works again for a few times. It's like the file changes itself for some reason. Weird, eh?

Now the givens: I downloaded both ePSXe and Pete's plug-ins from official sites, so they can't be infected by anything.
My machine can't be infected by malware, viruses either. Clean windows install a few days ago, regular virus scans. Plus this only happens with ePSXe.

Can anyone shed some light on what I did wrong please? Thanks in advance.

Sorry about the novel, noob out.

·
Registered
206 Posts
maybe your hardisk got an error scan your hardisk fo errors (using scandisk
with automatically fix error option unchecked)

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Epsxe uses a packed exe file in order to keep it's filesize to a minimium. However this also has the interesting side effect that if the exe is modified in any way the crc fails and the program refuses to run.

I've seen this kind of behaviour reported a few times over the years and every single time it's been becuase of a virus. So I wouldn't be so sure that your system is 100% clean. Find yourself a clean pc with a good av program. Make a set of rescue floppy's (using previously unused floppy's if you want to be doubly sure they are fine) on that machine. Write protect the floppy and use them to scan the other pc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From a hole

Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but this *might* be a lesson for other noobs.
Betamax was right, it was a virus after all. You're the man Betamax, thanks. :bow:

PS: Don't trust McAfee shield + guardian + automatic updates, ok?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts