Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Starship Troopers Demo

Well, one more game removed from my wishlist :p The game is ugly, gameplay is nothing special, i have a huge mouse delay even though the grafics are pretty cheap. It wasnt even worth the download. Anyway here are the screenshots

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to mention. Those shots were taken with everything maxed in the game. Pretty cheap huh? :p

·
Registered
378 Posts
as a big fan of the book and movie (movie was hilarious, even if it didn't follow the book), I gotta give it a try

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
The new Bet on Soldier demo kicks this games ass all to hell. Pass up this download and get B.o.S ;)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reichfuher said:
The new Bet on Soldier demo kicks this games ass all to hell. Pass up this download and get B.o.S ;)
Still waiting for a national url to appear :p Yeah download limits suck hard.

*edit* w00t nevermind. got one xD

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
first of all....it's Starship Troopers :p

second of all...it's not that bad of graphics (well it doesn't look too differently to me between this and Star Wars Republic Commando)

third of all....the movie was extremely corney ^^

·
Computer Nerd
162 Posts
the full ver should have the problems worked out and improvments. Remember this is a demo and any thing can change. expect problems like this in a demo, as its called a demo for a reason.

i am gonna get it when it does comes out.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kirby said:
first of all....it's Starship Troopers :p

second of all...it's not that bad of graphics (well it doesn't look too differently to me between this and Star Wars Republic Commando)

third of all....the movie was extremely corney ^^

bleh i know that. just a typo.

and i have to disagree http://www.ngemu.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=84397 :p

GeneralClaymore, well thing is there are no problems in this demo besides that its a bad game. and i doubt that can be "fixed" untill the game comes out.

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
The graphics didn't bother me very much. Physics and and gameplay mechanics did.

I wasn't going into this expecting a HL-2 or Doom3, but a better hit detection system with some more realistic physics would be nice. It takes a full round up close sometimes to kill these bugs and unlike the movie. The bugs legs don't fly like they should be. I want to kill them and see there body's shatter do to body damage, not randomly thrown pieces.

I was also disappointed at how much it fel like it was being set up for a console port. It just ..oozed it to me.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
i enjoyed it up until the last 30 seconds of the demo when 300 bugs came over the hill and my computer dropped to its knees and gave a "halfway" decent looking game a nice **** sucking. I'll probably get the game when it goes down to $20 or $10, the Klendathu missions seem like they'd be much more fun than this Planet P crapola where you fight off swarms of bugs at 3fps. (turn off shadows and it runs perfectly until the end by the way). I have nothing against the demo besides the framerate, and i'm still awaiting this game, graphics don't make a game, and i've been waiting since 1997 (when i first saw movie) for this game and some bad textures aren't going to be the deciding point on wether or not to get a game.

·
Computer Nerd
162 Posts
i have played it and liked it, it should be improved when it comes out. you should try it to see how you like it and not judge it on what other people think. because you may like the game when others may not.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.