1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!

I just downloaded the PCSX2 v0.6, and wanted some help starting up:

Which plugins do i need?
Do i need a special BIOS for playing PAL games?
And then anything else?

I've been trying to get the emulator started, and tried to run some games, but i always get a black screen.

Am i doing anything wrong?

Best Regards,
Viktor

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about helping, me instead of posting useless junk?

Perhaps this is the rules?

1. You will NOT Ask for a BIOS , ISO , beta or where to download them from.

2. You will NOT ask for help compiling the cvs or the source

3. You will NOT post any leaked beta, such as the leaked GSmax beta.

4. You will NOT ask or beg the authors or the beta testers for betas or release dates

5. You will NOT ask for minimum system requirements or game compatibility

6. You will read the below stickies before you even click on the "post new thread" button:

I read them like 3 times, and i should mean i am not breaking anyone of them...

I think u refer to the rule number 5.(You will NOT ask for minimum system requirements or game compatibility).

I don't. I ask for an example configuration that worked.

Lol
It's like u're some bot making those "READ THE RULES" replies for every thread. :hdbash:

Best regards,
Viktor

·
Registered
244 Posts
You need original BIOS(any version) from PS2 and newest plugins to run PCSX2, but also in many games you will see that "black screen" again, because this emulator is not that compatible with games for now... But many games showing main menu atleast, and some allow to go ingame with 1-5fps =)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Victor, given the amount of lamers pcsx2 has had, its only natural to think that someone with a post count of 2, who joined yesterday is a lamer. kinda sad really :S
Anyway, in response to your question, you need :
The latest version of PCSX2
A ps2 bios. prefrably a JAP bios (schp10000)
some ps2 games you want to try
once you get it set up, try running a game. unfortunatly, you probobaly wont get far, if you get anywere at all. Hopefully, time will fix this :)
If you just want to run the bios, click execute, and dont select a DVD image/leave the DVD out of the drive. I would do this first before attempting anything, to see that pcsx2 works. and be patient. the bios appears after frame ~400. good luck :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx!

Oh now i see the BIOS :D unfortunately only at a frame count of 7-20 fps(which i think should be normal, after what i've seen.)

Regarding to the "Lamer stuff"... 2 posts somewhere i have to start, i won't be getting posts by posting "Read the rules" stuff.

Must be the Moderators part(i think).

Now only problem is the input... i simply can't use the controller input, and can't get pass the "Select Language" screen.

Best Regards,
Viktor

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Viktor123 said:
Thx!

Oh now i see the BIOS :D unfortunately only at a frame count of 7-20 fps(which i think should be normal, after what i've seen.)

Regarding to the "Lamer stuff"... 2 posts somewhere i have to start, i won't be getting posts by posting "Read the rules" stuff.

Now only problem is the input... i simply can't use the controller input, and can't get pass the "Select Language" screen.

Best Regards,
Viktor
I'm assuming you are trying to play FF. With the 0.6, you can't get past it. Only the beta goes beyond this. And just incase you didn't know, betas are not available to the public (at least those who don't know anything about C/C++ in general, and I hope you do). Wait until the next release and try again and who knows, the game might actually go ingame :thumb:

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Viktor123 said:
Thx!

Best Regards,
Viktor
With a quick search you would find out that your question has been answered many times before...for instance in the thread "Language Select screen question" which at the moment i type this is placed exactly under this thread........

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"My Gamepad"

Well the thread says that his "Gamepad" does not work.

That is why i didn't read it ahead... I had problems with the INPUT, not some sort of Gamepad.

Overseen the quicksearch button, you can't depend, that someone know all the vBulletin functions.

Best regards,
Viktor :???:

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
I dont depend on you knowing all the vBulletin functions,i depend on you reading the Emuforums rules which state you should do a search before creating a new thread...
Also that thread's title was the same thing that you were asking i dont see how its different

1 - 10 of 10 Posts