Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Anime Fan
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking of C# as my first programming language, I started to look at python(I didn't get anywhere so i didn't really start) but due to tests and other personal stuff, i lost interest in it but now i got back my motivation and think its better to have a fresh start so i decided on C#, can you suggest some easy beginner tutorials(free please) that could start me off.
I have no programming experience, I am starting from scratch and hoping in the future to start making emus( I love reading dev blogs and other techie stuff, even though i hardly understand them:D)
BTW would it be better to learn C first?

·
Read Only
5,614 Posts
C# is a pretty awesome language. But really, learning anything will help you gain skills with programming, since for the most part, they all accomplish the same means[they run programs. :p]. Certain emulators are certainly doable in C#, just see Hatorijr's Chip8 and Space Invaders emu[which I'm also working on one of my own]. Advanced systems like PS2/Xbox/GCN/Saturn/N64/anything past 8bit haven't been attempted in C#, but 8bit systems make great emulators in C#.

Anyway, enough about C#. C# Station: C# Tutorial - Introduction seems like a decent page to get started. Do you already have an IDE?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.