Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah that's it.

My body hurts today because is not used to doing exercise.

I think I'm too skinny, plan to put some pounds and stay healthy.

I don't want to be a gorilla, just trying to feel good and lose some stress.

Needed some exercise, my days resumed are work in an office then going home, help in the house, dinner and sleep.

I know Dr. PCXL would be glad to hear this. :D

So do you guys do any exercise?

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Silenus hows your routine? and Silenus don't over do it (which could get you bored and quit), people think that in two months your going to male model, you could, but you should think this as a long time investment. I think you should do this:

week 1: go twice
week 2: go three times
week 3: go twice
week 4: go three times

i think you should do this for the first month or so.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info aceloop.

The good thing is I have a buddy there, he's showing me how to start, that's one of the reasons I think I will not get bored, he's a long time friend from school.

Yeah I don't plan on overdoing it, planning on going 4 times a week, because I read that muscles grow trough the rest phase after a workout not during the workout itself. (iFitness Iphone app ;))

So don't worry I'm not alone, also can't explain very good my routine because I don't know the right names in english. :p

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I feel the same way lol I think I'm skinny too but every time I set myself some goals I never stick to it. It will probably last like a week or so and then I will return back to my lazy self :p
Yeah I'm kinda like that Ozzy.

One of my solutions, don't know if it's the right one, is I try to share my goals better said I try to do it for other people not for me. That is stronger than my lazy self.

Sometimes I can't keep a promise to myself but I do everything I can to keep a promise to another person. I won't let you down I say.

Yeah I'm kinda messed up. :lol:

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Another bad thing about overdoing it is you can rip your muscles and they will leave scars on the skin similar to growth spurt scars, I have 3 bad scars on my chest.
Huh, really???oO I have sort of weird scars on my biceps that came when I was on civic service and had to lift a lot of heavy things, mostly with my arms. I was wondering what they were... And I can say that my arms became a lot stronger during those 12 months of working there!:D

·
Deus ex machina
1,110 Posts
Well since my job is both mental and physical, i get my dose of daily exercise at work. No need to go to the gym i guess.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
I train in the gym a fair bit, about 5 days a week with a 2 heavy day, followed by a power circuit routine (lasting between 25 minutes and over an hour) followed by 2 more days of heavy lifting, and I never do the same body part twice in one week. Each workout lasts a minimum of 1 hour and will often go to over two hours.

Another bad thing about overdoing it is you can rip your muscles and they will leave scars on the skin similar to growth spurt scars, I have 3 bad scars on my chest.
I believe these are known as stretch marks and are caused by the rapid growth in the muscles and the skins inability to stretch and cope with said new growth. They can fade over time but will still be noticeable.

·
TEKKEN LORD
1,287 Posts
Good for you Silenus , working out is great , i have also signed up for a gym for 3 weeks now , not to mention me being a frequent visitor to the gym since 2001

this pain is normal now , the good thing is that it means the exercises are working , the bad thing is ; its gonna last a week , and take that in mind , whenever u stop working out (2 month or so ) its gonna hurt again

as for the routines ; i recommend u do an all out training i.e play everything , no heavy weights whatsoever but every thing chest , back , bis tris legs abs all of them each a set or two for like 2 weeks , then when your body no longer hurts (especially abs and that link between the chest and the shoulder) u can start regularly and devide muscles by days ,we can talk about this more when the time comes .

Aww... but pain is half the fun!
Exodus , i couldnt help but notice :are you by any chance a masochist , u seem to .... enjoy the pain

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
One good thing to try is to have a hand full of jellybeans at the end of each workout. What it supposedly does is give you a small sugar hit, and when it comes to meal time it will assist in absorbing the nutrients in the food and will go some ways into helping your muscle recovery.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
One good thing to try is to have a hand full of jellybeans at the end of each workout. What it supposedly does is give you a small sugar hit, and when it comes to meal time it will assist in absorbing the nutrients in the food and will go some ways into helping your muscle recovery.
Expert advice :D

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.