Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Level 9998
10,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
oO

techPowerUp! News :: New Star Craft 2 Details Emerge

Is it just me or did they just kill the reason that made StarCraft so popular in the first place?

Bye bye, teammates in the same room. Hello stranger on the net. :(

Seriously, though, I thought I could make do with the $59.99 price tag (edit: this means I can "try" to cope with it for up to that much per game) for 3 different friggin' versions of the game (each has the single player campaign for a race), but this is just outrageous!

StarCraft 2 was the whole reason why I still consider building a gaming PC, but now... :cry:

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,484 Posts
Hmm... it's not as if you can't still make LAN parties, you just have to organize them through BN I guess. I would think this is a move against piracy, given that you can enforce stricter controls if you only allow legit keys to be used for multi player gaming.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
9,320 Posts
Internet being as fast as it is now for most developed nations, and starcraft being rts, lag shouldn't be a problem.

They may even make a hybrid thing to facilitate fast bnet play if the ip address are all in the same location.

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
I don't think the negative press gathered by this is worth the drop in piracy.

I don't play the game so it doesn't matter to me though.

Couldn't they have done what Microsoft did to prevent tunneling programs with the 360 by setting a 50ms ping limit?

·
AKA snkmad
4,063 Posts
Well 50ms ping limi is very strict.
I know coz i mostly play games on servers from others state than mine, and my latency run around 100ms...

People will just find a way to make it work on LAN.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Don't know why people are having a fit over this. Latency is really not a big factor in RTS games. Just play over bnet.

lol, you FPS gamers don't know **** about RTS's :p

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,484 Posts
lol, you FPS gamers don't know **** about RTS's :p
I'm a Starcraft and Warcraft player, and while latency used to be a big use issue in the Stacraft days, I have never suffered any kind of latency related problem sicne the Warcraft times. So unless you are on a dialup connection I don't think you actually need to worry about anything.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.