Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Star Wars Republic Commando is a new game from Lucas Arts where you play as a leader in an elite squad team fighting for the Empire's military forces.

If you have a lower end graphics card like me (Geforce 2 MX) don't bother playing the game, the graphics look like puke.

Republic Commando requires the use of Pixel Shader 1.1 found in the new graphic cards.

I got grey blobs which makes it impossible to see in the far distance.

The funny thing is I have no graphic problems with Doom 3 and Far Cry.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Guyver2K5 said:
yikes those pics dont give this game justice lol.

amazingily awsome game
Indeed.. got the demo a while ago and love it, very entertaining and it looks great (poor RZetlin :p).

·
Registered
780 Posts
RZetlin: You can always try using the drivers made by Omega, which allows you to enable and disable PS 1.1 and 2.0. I find that very useful on the laptop I have from the school, since its GeForce 2 has no pixel shader support. Definitely helps in Call Of Duty. That game actually runs really good on that laptop (P4 @ 1.6, 256 MB ram, 20 GB HDD and a 16 MB GeForce 2 Go. I never thought it possible. Course the settings have to be pretty low. I normally wouldnt recommend third party drivers as I have had problems with them in the past, but this one works great. Now, where did ya'll get this demo from cause I want to try this out myself.

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
I have beaten the demo 7 ..yes 7 times. I'm a SW nut and this is no exception. I love the squad-based combat in this. You actually feel for your comrades, who are funny and slightly scary. I like the simple one button command as well.

I can't wait for the full version to hit.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Frankly, the demo didn't do anything for me. It felt very mediocre to me. There was nothing that "blew my mind away", so to speak. I didn't see wonderful innovations in its genre, and the "squad-based" play is a gimmick, as those bots weren't in any way extraordinary other than in their great voice-overs.

You can position them on scripted spots... yeah, but they can't even defend their own backs when positioned in a "sniping" spot. :p One was being raped from behind (excuse the pun), standing there like a statue, looking only one way. Perhaps he was enjoying himself? :lol: Ofcourse, I was there to help, because one of the others was too busy staring into the same direction, while the third was sleeping in a turret. :lol:

The demo left me with the impression of a generic FPS, to be honest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts